CHAPTER 7 : Tanguy

Now, I want to tell you about a significant event related to marine mammals and more specifically the sea lions of Zoo de La Flèche.

Do you remember when I told you that this zoo had 4 sea lions? Well, it was about to change!

One day in March 2018, the 26th to be more precise, I was quietly walking on Facebook when I decided to take a look at the page of the Zoo de La Flèche. In their photos, I saw a sea lion, but oddly enough, I didn't recognize it. It wasn't Lucky, Wally, Jimmy, or Cooky. Then, I click on the photo to see the description and find out more.

At that time, I felt myself go pale! I read :

"Things are moving at Zoo de La Flèche! A new male sea lion joins the existing group, his name is Tanguy and will soon celebrate his 4 years: D

Let him have time for the moment to soak up the places and get to know each other ... To appear better next year during the performances "

I was totally shocked to learn that a new sea lion was coming at Zoo de La Flèche! It had been years since there were only Lucky, Wally, Jimmy and Cooky; I never imagined that a new individual would join the group!

At that moment, I started to cry ... of joy! I ran to tell my family, who obviously didn't have the same enthusiasm!

As I told you earlier, a photo accompanied this announcement. It was now the only picture I had of Tanguy. I can tell you that I have been watching and analyzing this photo for hours! I had only one idea in mind, it was to learn more about him, to see him in the documentary "Une Saison au Zoo", to see him with the other sea lions, in spectacle (but that, obviously , this is not for now).

Thanks to " Une Saison au Zoo ", I was able to follow all the stages of his adventure: his arrival in the night lodges, his first outing in the enclosure, learning his first little exercises, getting in touch between him and the other boys ...

Today, Tanguy is 5 years old and has left Marineland, his native park, for the Flèche Zoo for 2 years now. He may do his first show next season (2020 season)

It is a young sea lion in a group of old! He has a lot of energy to spare and bickers all the time with others, especially with Wally. It takes time for him to find his place in the group; he wants to be the chef despite his young age.

He learns very quickly and is very motivated to learn new exercises. His only problem? His concentration. His training sessions cannot last more than 5 minutes Tanguy is very sociable and quickly acclimates to new trainers.

Tanguy arrived at Zoo de La Flèche when I was just emerging from my depression; it really helped me get out of it faster. In addition, I was able to learn a lot about animal behavior, thanks to him, and see him adapt (and very quickly).

We had the same difficulies , him and me, at the time. We were in a new situation, we were afraid. We felt stuck in a problem and we both managed to get past it!

Thank you Tanguy.

©The picture is not mine