Prologue

AN: Warning- Spoilers for Alola League

————————————————————————

31st May, 2018

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back to the first ever Alola League. I'm your host, Junichi Masuda, and today is the day we've all been waiting for!"proclaimed the television as it showed live footage of a stadium in, what was presumably, the Alola region.

"BIG BROTHER, HURRY UP! The match is starting," exclaimed a blonde haired girl, annoyed at her brother's inability to be on time for anything.

"Relax Bonnie, none of us would miss this for the world," calmly responded her father, although goosebumps could be seen on his forearms and his shaking fists gave away his excitement.

"Today will be the day that the region will crown it's inaugural Champion," continued the announcer, provoking wild cheers and whistles from the crowd.

A blonde haired boy in blue overalls, with a large afro covered in soot, bounded down the stairs and dived onto the couch beside his sister.

The girl simply shook her head, used to her brother's inventions often backfiring on their creator.

"And who will ascend to the throne? Will it be the mysterious man with the unbeaten legendary, Alola's very own, Gladion Aether?" boomed the man, to cheers for the figure in black.

"Here he comes," cried the girl, Bonnie, giddily.

"Or will it be the pride of Pallet Town, with his partner Pikachu, Ash Ketchum?

"WHOOOOOOOOO!" any more noise from the television was drowned out by Bonnie jumping up and down, alongside Dedenne, screaming in support for the Kanotnian Trainer, as the entire family had their eyes glued to the screen.

————————————————————————

On the other side of the world, in the Sinnoh region, a mother and daughter were watching the very same broadcast with identical engrossment.

"Ash looks so grown up," commented the girl.

"Well it's been more than 2 years since you last saw him dear, and he's not the only one who's grown," remarked her mother, referencing how much her daughter had matured through her travels in Hoenn.

Before Dawn could respond, the pair of bluenettes were forced to snap their attention back to the TV as the announcer once again spoke.

"Now that the referee has given the rules, let's get this show on the road as the Trainers send out their first Pokémon."

————————————————————————

"Go, Mighty Beast Silvaly," declared the goth-looking boy, throwing out a Premier Ball.

"Woah, it's that legendary Pokémon!" exclaimed a blue haired boy as he straightened his glasses, entranced by the unique creature.

"How will Ash deal with it? I here that no one has ever defeated it," pondered his father, the Normal-type gym leader of Petalburg City, leaning back in his armchair.

"Knowing him it'll be completely unexpected and nothing short of crazy," shot back his daughter, May with a smile from her place on the sofa next to her boyfriend Drew and travel companion, Serena.

Serena looked worried, more than she usually was for any of Ash's important battles, as she knew how crucial this particular match was. This was only the 2nd time in his entire journey her long-time crush had come so close to becoming a Champion. Her hand tightly clutched a blue ribbon that was in her hair.