Chapter 3- Party Crashers

AN: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaackkkk

I just wanted to say that this story isn't exactly for kids as their will be frequent swearing and violence, with particular reference to possibly guns and physical fights. That stuff will be eluded to in this chapter and actually happen in the next one, it'll probably also be present later in the story as well.  Also Ash will be a badass :)

PS- Italics mean a character's inner thoughts. Bold is telepathic speech or a Pokémon speaking

————————————————————————

24th May, 2020

He was wearing a plain black shirt with a larger version of his Kalos jacket on top. His unruly jet-black hair was concealed, for the most part, by a battered red and white cap, with a green triangle that seemed to be missing a side in the centre of it. Navy-blue jeans and black fingerless gloves with red highlights completed his outfit, notwithstanding the ever-present yellow-rodent at its perch on his shoulder.

While his clothes were similar, changes could be seen in the physique of the young man. He now stood at an impressive 6'2" and palpable muscle was evident on his arms. He seemed a little more tanned than when he had journeyed through Kalos, but some things would never change. The Z-marks on his cheeks and fiery auburn eyes would always be a part of him.

His face broke out in a grin as their gazes met, his eyes were twinkling as Bonnie finally recognised the voice she had heard inside her head a moment ago.

She turned and sprinted around the crowd of people, ignoring their confused looks at her sudden action. She jumped into her final travel companion's arms as he laughed and spun her around in his arms before putting her down.

"Happy Birthday Bonnie," he breathed as they separated and Pikachu decided to make itself known by jumping into her hands with a, "Chaaaaaa."

"I-," Bonnie was shocked into silence by their sudden appearance.

"Ash! You made it," Clemont exclaimed, rushing forward to greet his friend with an exuberant smile.

"You kidding? I wouldn't miss the big day for the world!"

And just like that, the dam broke, and the newcomers were swarmed by their Kalosian friends as they rushed to greet the duo after the 3 years since they had all last been together. Professor Sycamore congratulated him on his achievements, while Sawyer bombarded him with questions on how strong he had become. Bonnie seemed to be inspecting him for something, as if he had a hidden backpack somewhere.

Through all the chaos only 2 people remained where they were, Serena and Professor Sycamore's Mega Evolution research assistant, Alain. Alain looked over at the younger woman to see her frozen in place with a look of pure shock on her face. He chuckled at this gaining the attention of the performer.

"I see nothing's changed," he said simply, not needing to explain to get the point across. As was custom by this point, the blonde blushed a little at the statement, not surprised that even Alain knew of what had transpired between her and Ash on their journey 3 years ago, and more specifically at the airport as they separated.

At this her breathing picked up. What is he doing here? Why now, after all this time? What should I do, act like it never happened or...something else? 

Deciding she needed more time to process what her next move would be, she quickly turned and made her way upstairs before Ash could notice as the trainer in question was busy catching up with his friends. Alain rolled his eyes, wondering why on Earth the two of them strived to make their own lives difficult.