Chapter 2

Reagan couldn't believe her predicament. How could this have happened to her? What have she done wrong to deserve this? She sat alone in a restaurant without an appetite. She had forced herself out of her hotel room convincing herself that this is what she needed, but it didn't help her get over the fact that she was dying. Cancer was going to be her way of death. Leukemia to be more precise.
She had come to Texas for a mini vacation. It was a place she alway wanted to visit only to end up at the hospital because of pain in her leg. She thought she may have banged it somehow but it's been weeks and the pain was still there. Just wanting to play it safe not thinking much of it when she went to the hospital only to be told that she had cancer, and it was spreading. She had to do Chemotherapy quick if she wanted a fighting chance.
She had so much more to do with her life but cancer was going to cheat her out of that. She couldn't bring herself to cry when the doctor told her the bad news. It was like her body was numb but it seemed at this time, this moment the tears were at baye. She could no longer fight it.
As a child she had no one. Growing up in foster home after foster home. She had no roots. No one to cry to. No one to confine in. She had learned at a very young age that keeping her feelings and thoughts to herself was for the best. Not because she wanted to but because no one cared. Now she was going to face the biggest battle of her life alone, and one was there to help her fight threw it.
As a young adult she learned to fend for herself. She made it through college and had got a good job and no longer asked for anything. If she wanted it she had got it herself. Now she wanted to scream to the world that she needed help, but
she didn't know how to do that. How did you ask a complete stranger for help? How did you open up to someone when all your life you've done the complete opposite?
She tried her whole life to do the right thing. Why was she being punished like this? A lone tear escaped her and she quickly wiped it away. Now was not the time for tears. Being strong was more her forte. But how? Where did you get strength at a time like this?
She looked up when she felt a presence beside her. The most handsome man she's ever laid eyes on was standing there. What did he want? She watched as he helped himself to the seat across from her.
"Uhm. May I help you?" She asked a little anode that he just welcomed himself to her table.
Hunter couldn't help but bring himself to talk to this lone woman. He noticed her from the moment she first walked into the restaurant. Why did such a beautiful woman come here alone? Did her date stand her up at the last minute? Was that why she looked as if she were crying? Something had pulled him to her. He wanted to ask her why the sad face. She hadn't even looked happy when she entered the restaurant. This had to be the result of an ungrateful man. He had thought. Someone who didn't realize that he had a beautiful woman at his side. He just wanted to talk to her. Get to know her. So he said.

"Hi my name is Hunter, and you are?"

"Wondering why you're at my table?" Reagan quickly retorted. Smiling he said.

"I just wanted to meet you is all. Wondering why a beautiful woman such as yourself is sitting here alone."

"Because this woman wanted to be alone, and you're disturbing me." She said with attitude.

"Oh and she's a spitfire." He said with a smile unfazed by her rudeness.

"Spitfire?" She asked confused.

"It's my way of saying a woman that doesn't bite her tongue. A woman that saids what's on her mind." After a pause he said. "So your name is?"

"None of your business." Chuckling he said.

"I just wanted to sit here and talk to you. Get to know you. No harm done."

"And what if I said I don't want to get to know you?"

"Come on don't you find me attractive?" He said jokingly but the salty look on her face told him that she didn't find that funny.

"So you thought that since you're attractive that I would just fall into your arms?"