Chapter 9

"So what do you want to do with it?" Terry asked Hunter. They were standing inside the property that they had bought from Roger's thanks to Reagan.
   "
Knock it down we're starting from the ground up."

  "Sounds good to me." Terry said as he wrote down some notes. They sat down and began putting their minds together for their new place. Just an hour into putting ideas together Hunter had the urge to look up. Once he did he saw the most beautiful woman coming his way. What was she doing here?

 "Reagan?" She was wearing white Reeboks blue jeans and a pink tank top. Something so simple looked so beautiful on her. "Reagan this is a surprise." He began to stand but she held her hands up letting him know he didn't have to.

"Hello Hunter."

 "Where are you coming from?"

 "The hotel. I hope that it's okay that I'm here." She said now just realizing that he just might not want her there.

"No it's fine."

 "I'll be quick." She said presenting the paper she had in her hand. She then give her attention to the guy sitting next to Hunter.

  "Hello I'm Reagan."

 "Hi nice to meet you. You must be the young woman that's been distracting Hunter from his work." He said expecting Hunter to respond to that but he just continue to focus on the paper in front of him.

 "I hope that I wasn't any trouble. I don't want to be the cause of any. " Terry held his hand up.

  "I was just joking that's why I don't do stand-up comedy. My jokes are horrible."

"You got that right." Hunter said finally looking up from the papers.

 "It's okay, Hunter is terrible at jokes also." Reagan said and Hunter smiled remembering his terrible joke at the restaurant.

 "Have a look at this." He said handing the papers to Terry.

 "Where did you get this?" Terry asked.

 "I had Rogers sign it the day we went to that meeting. I just forgot about it until today."

"Do you know what this is?" Terry asked her once he was done reading it.

 "Yes I know what it is. He was in such a rush that he just signed anything I put in front of him. I don't know what you want to do with it but I figured you would be able to use it in some way." She said with a hunch of her shoulders.

"We could put this man out of business for good with this." Terry said. "I could just kiss you right now."

 "No you won't." Hunter butt in. "But I can do that for you." Standing he pulled her into his arms and kissed her smack on the lips not caring who had seen. "How are you feeling?" He asked referring to last night.

"I'm good." She said and he gave a nod.

 "What are you up to now?"

"Just walking might do a little shopping is all." She began to backup from him but he still held onto her hand not taking his eyes off her. "Hunter baby you have to let go of my hand."

"What if I don't want to let go?"

 "You can hold on as long as you like then. I'm not complaining one bit." He cover the distance between them and she wrapped her arms around his neck as his mouth connected to hers. He was surprised to feel her body began to shake.

"Are you okay baby?" She nodded her head unable to speak. This man just did something to her. She never felt this way before. She slid her hand under his shirt touching his bare skin.

 "You're still coming tonight right?"

"You don't even have to ask." She smiled at his words standing on her toes kissing him one last time before backing away. She gave a little wave then begin to walk away but his voice stopped her.

 "Ray."

 "Yeah?"

"Wait right there I'll be back." She watched as he hurried off to Terry. "I'm just going to be out for a bit I'll be back." He said.

 "Can't stay away from her for one day huh?" Terry joke.

"Don't worry about it. Just know that I'll be back within an hour."

 "Yeah okay." Ignoring his friends sarcastic remark he rushed back to Reagan who was patiently waiting for him.

   "Is everything okay?" She asked once he got in front of her.

 "Yeah I'm just coming with you." She looked at him confused.

 "I thought you had to work?"

  "Terry has it for a while without me." He said.

 "I don't want to be the reason you miss work."

 "I'm the reason I'm missing work. It's
my decision."

 "Point taken." She said smiling. "Well in that case let's go." She waited for him to fall into step beside her and was surprised that he took her hand in the process. They walked side-by-side talking about any and everything that came to mind when a jewelry store caught Ragen's attention.

  "Do you want to go inside?" Hunter ask noticing her wandering eyes.

 "Yeah. Sure." He allowed her to enter first.

 "I didn't know that you were into jewelry." He said trying to spark up conversation.

 "Only on occasions. Not an everyday thing." He nodded his head in understanding watching her as she looked around. They were in there for just a few minutes when he noticed something caught her eye. She knelt down and he followed her movement.

"That's nice." He said now beside her.
"Yeah. It's a pendent. It represents friendship and love."

 "That's cool." He said already knowing what it meant. Two people took half of the pendent and no matter where they went or how far they were from each other they will always be connected by the pendant. "Are you going to get it?" He asked

  "Oh no."

  "Why not? You seem very interested in it."

"You see the price for that thing?" He looked at the price and seen that it went for two grand.

  "Wow that is a pretty penny." He said with a chuckle. "But you shouldn't put a price on material things." Chuckling she says.

"On the contrary. You should put a price on material things. They can always be replaced. You should never value something so strongly if it could always be replaced. Although it's a beautiful piece I'm not spending two thousand dollars on something that's just going to sit around my neck. I just respect what it stands for."

 "So you believe in superstitions and things like that?"

"Yes. No voodoo or anything like that." She quickly corrected. "But I do believe in spirits and the past and after life." He nodded in understanding.

  "Do you think we met in the past life?" She smiled at has question.

 "I do think we met in a past life, and had a bunch of beautiful mixed babies." Laughing he said.

 "Is that so?" Laughing along with him she says.

  "Yes. Let's get out of here." She began to grow tired after a while and decided to make our way back to the hotel.

  "I'll drive you back." Hunter said as they made their way back to his job site.

"The hotel isn't far from where you were working, I can walk."

"I don't mind driving you."

 "And I don't mind walking."

"Don't be difficult Reagan."

"Am I the one that's being difficult Hunter?" She stopped in her tracks gripping his hand making him stop with her. "I really honestly don't mind walking. I can use the exercise." She smiled trying to ease the tension that was building.

 "And I honestly don't mind driving you it's no bother to me. Besides I see how tired you are." He caressed her cheek gently then he side. "You're still weak from last night."

"I'm fine." She lied. Although she felt better she still grow tired fast. If only you knew the real truth as to why she was really tired.

 "I see it right now. You can't tell me anything different from what I'm seeing with my own eyes." Sighing she said.

  "You're a stubborn man"

"This coming from a stubborn woman." She pressed her forehead against his chest.

"Okay okay Hunter. You win." He wrapped his arms around her.

 "I love winning." He said and she chuckled as she pulled away. Taking his hand they began walking. After dropping Reagan off he went back to the jewelry store on purchase the pendant that she liked. He wanted her to have something to remember him by because he definitely wasn't going to forget about her after she left.