Chapter 11

Hunter looked around his new restaurant. He was so happy and proud of the progress he was making. He'd say about another month and he was going to be having a grand opening. Life was great and getting better all because of Reagan. He frowned at the thought of her. He wondered what she was doing. What was so important that she couldn't stay with him? Who or what was keeping her where she was? Forcing her out of his head he continued on with his day, he had to or he'd just get depressed. Damn him for feeling this way about a woman who was just supposed to be a fling. And here he thought that no woman would ever hurt him again. Boy was he wrong.

Reagan took a deep breath and slowly let it out as she exited the plane. She already made plans of what she was going to do and she was determined to stick it out. Nothing was going to change her mind. Not even Hunter the man that she was in love with.
After renting a car she made her way to a hotel. The same hotel where all this happened. She was tired and needed to rest.
It was two weeks ago that she found out that she was pregnant. This was a time where she was supposed to be happy but for the last two weeks all she could do was cry. Not because she was pregnant but because she wasn't going to be able to be a mother to her unborn baby. She wasn't going to be able to raise her baby because of her cancer. She was going to abandon her baby just like her parents abandon her. The tears began rolling down just thinking about it. She now was sure that God hated her. Or maybe it was that she hated herself? God did not force her to sleep with a stranger. Not only sleep with him, but fall in love with him, and find out that she was pregnant by him. She prayed that he took the news okay. Even if he did or not she needed and prayed that he would take and raise his baby.
She had decided to sign over her parental right to Hunter because he was the biological father and she was dying. There was no other option. She was not going to give her baby up for adoption just so it would feel abandoned and be hurt like she was and felt while growing up. She knew that he was going to hate her for this but it was about her baby. It was about her baby growing to have a happy healthy life.
   She had decided to stop her chemotherapy just to be sure that none of the medication harmed her unborn baby. Her main concern was no longer her but her baby. She needed for this to work. If he hated her that would be fine as long as her baby was happy then so would she and at this point that's all that mattered.

"This is very nice Hunter." Darlene said as she looked around his new restaurant.

"Thanks sis." Hunter said as he wrapped his arm around her neck admiring his own work. He was definitely blessed. Could life get any better? Yes. Yes it could. He thought. It would only be right to share this joy with Reagan but that wasn't possible. So many times he wanted to call her but didn't want her to turn him down again.

  "What's on your mind brother?" Darlene asked seeing him in deep thought.

   "Nothing." He lied. "Just excited to open this place up."

 "Yeah. I'm going to be here for the grand opening."

   "Really?"

 "Yup. Gotta support my big bro."

  "Awe." He kissed her on the forehead and she whipped it off. She was never the lovey dovey type. He just smiled. "What do you say about getting out of here?"

 "Yes and you can feed me at your other restaurant."

  "Oh you just using me. And I thought you really came to see me." Hunter said sounding hurt.

 "Of course I came to see you brother. But I still do need to eat. Now come on so that you could feed me." He just laughed as he followed his sister out the door.
Reagan parked her car at the restaurant where she met Hunter and closed her eyes taking a deep breath. If he wasn't there then she knew that his friend worked there and she would just leave him a message for Hunter. She couldn't turn back now. She had to do this. Her baby's life depended on it.
Taking another deep breath she opened the car door and stepped out. As soon as she closed the door she looked and there she saw him. He looked just as handsome as she remembered. His hair was a little longer but it fit him well.
Her heart began racing once she noticed the woman he was hugging on. He sure didn't waste any time. Here she was unable to even look at another man because he flooded her mind everyday. The thought of another man made her gag. But she now knew he didn't feel the same way. She knew it was just sex between them. But this fast? It was this easy to get over her? How could a man move on so easily and quickly? Tears blurred her eyes as she watched them walk side by side. His arm draped around her neck. The pain and sorrow she felt at that moment was one so strong and so great she didn't wish it on anyone.
   She couldn't stop herself from watching them. Just when they were about to disappear from her sight he looked directly at her. He froze in place staring at her as if he was looking at a ghost. They stood there staring at each other for what seemed like forever before he took a step toward her but the woman beside him is what got Reagan angry and she took a step back not wanting him near her. How dare he try to come near her while with another woman? Before she exploded she opened her car door and got back inside leaving him standing there.

 "Who was that?" Darlene asked snapping Hunter out of his trance.

 "So she was really standing there?" He asked and his sister looked at him as if he had two heads.

"Yes. There was a woman standing there. You know her?"

"Yes. She came back." He said with a smile. But why did she just leave like that? No worries because he had a feeling he knew just where to find her.

"Who is she? She looked upset." Darlene asked cutting into his thoughts.

 "Let's go."

  "You going to tell me who she is?"

  "I will Mrs. Nosey. Let's go."
Reagan was finally able to fall asleep. Her health and this pregnancy and seeing Hunter with that woman had her emotions going crazy. She's never cried so much in her life. If this was a test she didn't want to take it anymore. She wanted to fail and just accept that she was a complete loser. No one should go threw what she's gone threw in just a few short months. No one should feel the pain that she was feeling.

 "Dear God please take it away. Take away all my pain. Please dear God. I need some peace of mind." Although she was able to fall asleep she just slept for three hours and she just lay in bed thinking. Thinking about everything. Even suicide. What else was here for her? She was alone and dying, pregnant with a baby that was going to be alone also. Who was she kidding coming here in hopes of...what? In hopes of getting back with Hunter? Hooking up with him again? That wasn't going to happen. She now knew that. He moved on. Probably moved on the very next day she had left. He did ask her to stay but for how much longer would that had went on? It was just sex. He would have gotten bored of her very quickly. She knew that now. So it was best that she had left. He didn't miss her at all. She had to still speak to him because although she was upset it was about her baby. It needed her. It needed him.
   She woke to the phone ringing. Who on earth could it had been at this time of night? Clearing her throat she said.

  "Hello?"

  "Reagan?" Her heart skipped and she sat straight up.

  "Hunter?"

  "I thought it was you that I seen today." He said. "Reagan?" He thought she hung up when there was no response.