Chapter 2: 'Tis The Season

Barry doesn't think he's ever tasted anything as good as Kara's laugh in his mouth as the two stumble into the bedroom.

All he was expecting was a well deserved, relaxing night out, with his girlfriend but as the night went on and they started flirting, they were at her apartment in a flash, kissing against her door until one of her neighbors came out and told them to get their asses inside.

They fall onto her bed in the dark, with him on top of her. The only light they have is coming from the moon, through her opened curtains.  It makes everything happening between them seem more intimate. As he kisses the side of her jaw, he looks up, her eyelids half closed, a small portion of her blue eyes showing. His lips tilt up as he makes his way around her body.

He can't get enough of her. He sits up and Kara makes a noise of protest. He smirks as he feels her hands reaching for his jacket, trying to pull him back down. Barry uses his speed to remove his clothes, throwing them somewhere in the corner of her room. He'll worry about finding them later. He's focused on Kara now. Barry pulls her up.

"I don't want to get out of the bed." Kara tries to pull him down with her but Barry shakes his head.

"I'm going to need you out of that dress." He says as he slowly runs his hands up her thighs, to the hem of her dress. He feels the girl of steel shiver.

Kara smirks. "Well then you're going to have to take it off."

Barry lifts her up and Kara yelps in surprise as he pulls the dress off of her body with quick, precise movements. She's breathless as he lays her back down on the bed and his eyes roam the entirety of her body.
"You're beautiful." He whispers in the dark room.

Even in the low light, he sees the doubt- the insecurity-that flashes in her eyes at his words. Barry ducks down and kisses her deeply.  "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." He says honestly when he pulls back.

She doesn't say anything to that, but a sweet smile plays at her lips as she brings a hand up to the base of his neck to play with his hair there. "Are you going to sweet talk me all night, or..." she trails off. This may not have been what he was expecting at the beginning of the night, but he definitely isn't complaining now.

...

When Kara woke, the woman reached her hand out to grasp Barry's, but only a slight imprint remained on bed. She sat up the bed and rubbed her eyelids letting her eyes glide around the room, until they landed on the pile of clothes on the floor.

She got up from the bed, put on a pair of her underwear and Barry's shirt, and then stepped into the kitchen. Barry was there in his jeans, a big smile and his hair slightly unkempt, with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Good Morning." He told her, turning with a beaming smile. " Are you hungry?" Before the Kryptonian could even answer, Barry grabbed a plate stacked with enough food to satisfy her Kryptonian appetite from the counter. "I took the liberty of making you breakfast,  I hope you like it."

"I love it." She replied after a moment of silence. If possible, the smile on the speedster's face seemed to get bigger.

After a few more minutes of eating her delicious breakfast, she noticed Barry staring intently at her. "What?" she asked in a defensive tone.

In response, the man sent her a warm and gentle smile. "Nothing, it's just that ... you're incredible." He whispered with conviction, as if he was confirming a truth across the multiverse.

Kara blushed intensely. "I love you." she replied after a few moments of silence, bringing her cup to her lips to hide her embarrassment. Of course, it wasn't the first time she received a compliment, but the way Barry said it was so genuine and sincere.

"What about this?" The scarlet speedster asked suddenly, attracting the woman's attention.

"What?" She asked, her face covered with a confused expression.

"Your place, not a single Christmas decoration in sight and it's two weeks until the big day." Barry said, gesturing around the apartment with his arms.

The woman remained silent for a moment, before taking a deep breath. "I just didn't feel in the spirit this year, after what happened." She said, beginning to tear up.

Barry suddenly wrapped his arms around her and played with her hair as the two shared comfortable silence. "Hey, I'm here and I'm never going to leave you Kara. I love you." He said, and kara looked up at him with high loving eyes, the tears being wiped away as he cupped her cheeks.

She felt a sudden gust of wind and Barry was on one knee in front her, holding the flash ring she wore for all those months inbetween his fingers. She couldn't breathe, but that loving look in his eyes soothed her, and she found the will to. "Kara Zor-El, would you do me the honor of being my super friend for life and marrying me?" He whispered quietly, and only a second later she was attacking his lips, saying yes inbetween every lip lock.

"So, I think our first action as an engaged couple should be getting your apartment ready for Christmas, what about you?" Barry questioned.

"While that does sound like a good idea," Kara began before kissing him yet again. "I had something else in mind." She gave him a mischievous wink, and the two were suddenly in the bedroom again, kara beautiful laughter filling the apartment.

...

Brainy stumbled forward, walking in the almost complete darkness. He didn't remember how he had managed to escape from that maniac's control, but he knew his time was finite before it happened again and he lost control of his body.

He just wanted to escape ... escape from the pain that pounded in his temples. Had he accidentally killed anyone? He vaguely remembered that cold, emotionless and cynical tone.. one of his ancestors voice no doubt, but how?

He let out a sigh and kept walking. He just hoped nobody was chasing him. After twenty minutes he found himself in an almost blinding room in the DEO.

The light... the light surprised him, because he thought he still had quite awhile to go before he would arrive. Had the darkness completely destroyed his sense of time? He moved slowly, grasping onto any solid surface so he could just to keep his balance.

A few agents hurried around him as he staggered through the room, checking on his health but he waved his hand in defiance, trying to get them away. "I assure you I am perfectly fine." Brainy said, attempting to move but everything turned to black and he collapsed onto the ground.

When he awoke, Nia was standing next to him while Alex, Kara, and Barry were surrounding the medical bed he was resting in. "What- what happened?"

"We did a few scans to figure out what happened, and we discovered that a virus was attacking your body." Alex broke the news. "It was attacking major points in your system, especially your mind. But we ran another test, and it seems to have worked its way out of your system completely." She smiled.

Brainy smiled, but it falters for a moment as he stares at nothing in particular, he only snaps out of it when Nia waves her hand in front of his face. "Are you okay?" The women questions, looking over his pale frame.

He sat in silence for a moment, seemingly contemplating his next few words. "I am fine." He finally answered, and he then attempted to remove the medical equipment hooked up to him before the fellow heroes stopped him. "I said I was fine! Why wont you leave me be!" He screamed, his skin turning green.

Everyone stood in silence for a moment, simply out of shock. Something wasn't right, and they needed to figure it out.