Chapter 2 - A Single Life

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/97666

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

Day One

Night - Street

Abigail walked down the street, carrying a plastic bag. She slowed to a stop, seeing a crowd around on the side, surrounding a dead woman dressed in nothing but a red slip, lying on top of a car.

Police was all around.

It was a crime scene.

Abigail walked closer, pushing past the crowd, holding a badge. "Excuse me, police."

An officer held the caution tape up so she can go through. "Step aside, make room here."

Abigail walked closer, showing her badge to a cop. "Jonson, Special Victims Unit. Jumper?"

"Jumpers open the windows first," the cop answered. "Cleared the sidewalk, nailed the car."

Abigail nodded, walking toward the victim, ignoring a man complaining about his car. She looked at the dead woman, looking at officer 2. "Anybody notify SVU?"

"'Cause she's not wearing panties, you mean?" Officer 2 asked, scoffing.

Abigail gave him a look, rolling her eyes. "Just cover her up."

Abigail looked up to the building the victim jumped off.

~~~~

Victim's Apartment

A few cops were there.

Elliot walked closer to an officer. "Hey. What are we looking at?"

"No sign of forced entry, two glasses of half-drunk wine, two clean sets of prints... lovers' quarrel," the officer told him, leading him to the bedroom side where Abigail was.

"Lovers' quarrel," Elliot repeated. "They usually kiss and make up."

CSU Technician Georgie was there, standing up. "Detective." He walked closer holding in his glove a pack. "Pack of ultra-ribs."

Officer 1 looked at Elliot. "Looks like maybe they did more than kiss."

Abigail rolled her eyes. "Yeah, he read her a little Walt Whitman, they made hot, passionate love, then before he rolled over and fell asleep, he heaved her out the window--excuse me, through the window."

Elliot walked around.

"I'm not sure what this outburst is leading up to," Officer 1 told her.

"Rape," Abigail told him, annoyed.

"Like I said, no forced entry," Officer 1 told her.

"I didn't say it was a stranger," Abigail told him.

Officer 1 stepped toward Abigail. "Plus, she wasn't exactly dressed in her 'refusal' outfit."

Elliot stepped between them, shaking his head. "I didn't hear you say that."