Chapter 6 - Sophomore Jinx

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/98530

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

~~~~

~~~~

Day One

Night - St. Raymond's University - St. Julian's Square

A young man and woman were sitting on a stone bench together.

The woman laughed. "Give me a break."

"What is that?" the man asked, leaning closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Like 'no means no', or something?"

"Yes, that's exactly what it is," the woman told him. "Come on."

"Oh come on, I did your calculus homework for you," the man told her.

The woman chuckled, shaking her head. "So?" The man leaned closer. "Adam, seriously, no."

The man looked behind the woman on the grass, looking shocked. "Oh, my God!"

"What?" the woman asked. "Get..." The woman turned around, looking over the wall. She gasped. The shot looked from them to the ground, showing a young woman lying on the ground with a cut on the side of her forehead. She wasn't moving. "Adam..."

~~~~

Stabler House - Living Room

Maureen walked inside the house, closing the door quietly.

She heard Elliot's voice, jumping. "Maureen."

Elliot turned on the lights, walking closer.

Maureen looked nervous. "Hi, Daddy."

"Where you been?" Elliot asked.

"Out," Maureen answered.

"Out?" Elliot asked. "Where?" Maureen didn't answer, shrugging. "What have you been doing?"

"Nothing," Maureen told him.

"'Nothing' at 2:30 in the morning?" Elliot asked. "Nothing?"

"It's not that big a deal," Maureen told him.

Elliot walked closer. "Breathe on me."

"What?" Maureen asked.

"Breathe on me," Elliot repeated. Maureen hesitated, letting out a breath. "Who you out with?"

"Nobody," Maureen told him.

Elliot nodded. "'Out', 'nothing', 'nobody'. Those are your answers to me?" Maureen nodded slightly. "Fine, you're busted. You're grounded. Go to your room."

Maureen frowned in shock. "Wait, for how long?"

"Till I got some answers or you turn 18, whichever comes first," Elliot told her.

"Can't we talk about this?" Maureen asked.

Elliot shook his head. "No. Go."

Maureen looked at him angrily, walking past him. "This isn't fair."