Chapter 8 - Stalked

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/99295

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

~~~~

~~~~

Day One

Day - Central Park

An older man and a young boy were walking together on a path.

A small group of older people walked past them, holding binoculars.

The boy looked from the group to the man. "What are they?"

"Those are birdwatchers," the man answered. "There's a lot of them in this part of the park."

The boy frowned. "Boring."

The man smiled in amusement, stopping next to a bench, sitting down. "You get to sit down."

"Grandpa, that's no fun," the boy told him. He smiled, holding up his Frisbee. "This is." He threw it behind the man, into the woods. "I'll get it, Grandpa."

~~~~

Woods

The man walked into the woods. "No. I don't want you going off the path by yourself."

The man looked to the side where the Frisbee had landed.

A woman was lying dead next to the Frisbee, beaten. Her skirt was ripped.

The man looked at her in shock and horror.

He heard the boy's voice. "Did you find it?"

The man turned to the boy, walking closer to him, pulling him closer. "I'll buy you a new one."

~~~~

Later

The police was there.

Two cops leaded a man away.

Elliot and Abigail walked closer.

An officer turned to them. "Carlyle, Homicide."

"Stabler, Special Victims," Elliot told him. "My partner, Jonson. Who's the brass?"

"Honcho, One Police Plaza," Carlyle answered. "Said he wants the perp arrested yesterday."

Elliot looked to where the man walked off. "He should talk to HG Wells."

Carlyle scoffed.

Abigail frowned. "Why the pressure?"

"The vic was an ADA named Karen Fitzgerald," Carlyle answered. Abigail looked slightly shocked. "Found dead in the bushes late this afternoon, raped, shot in the head."

"I know--I knew her," Abigail told them. "We had drinks together a few times after court."

Carlyle nodded. "It's all yours. CSU can tell you what they've got so far."