Chapter 3 - ...Or Just Look Like One

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/98064

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.

Day One

Night - Roosevelt Hospital - Outside

An ambulance was parked outside.

Two EMTs and Dr. Lock were tending to an elderly patient.

"How are you tonight, Mrs. Johnson?" Dr. Lock asked.

"I think I got the AIDS again," Mrs. Johnson told her.

"Mm-hmm," Dr. Lock hummed.

"Oh, that and I had a heart attack," Mrs. Johnson told her.

Dr. Lock took her wrist, looking down at her watch. "And the Ebola?"

"Your pills cleared that all up," Mrs. Johnson answered.

There was a honk of a car behind them.

"Okay, come on, let's take a look at you," Dr. Lock told her.

"Okay," Mrs. Johnson told her.

They started to roll her away.

The car honked again.

Dr. Lock glanced toward the car, looking at EMT 1. "See what their problem is."

"Happily," EMT 1 told her. He turned to the car, walking toward it. "Hey, this is a hospital!" The car started to drove away. A woman was lying on the ground, beaten and her clothes were ripped up, unconscious. "Dr. Lock!"

~~~~

Inside - Intensive Care Unit

The woman was lying on the bed, breathing through the respirator, unconscious.

Frank walked inside, meeting up with Olivia. "Crime scene information?"

Olivia was holding a clipboard. "She was dumped on the street outside the hospital."

An officer walked in, holding a bag and ID, handing it to Frank. "Name on the school ID is Theresa Burgess. She's from Queens. This little backpack is hers."

Frank held Theresa's picture to show Olivia.

"Pretty girl," Olivia told them.

"Yeah, until someone did this to her," Frank told her.

Dr. Lock walked in. "Hi. I'm Dr. Lock. I was on when she came in."

"What happened to her?" Olivia asked.

"A vicious attack," Dr. Lock answered. "Double puncture wounds. Neat little set of two, maybe a claw hammer."

"Is she going to pull through?" Olivia asked.

"I stitched over 30 separate wounds before I stopped counting," Dr. Lock told them. "Face, breasts, genitals. The puncture wounds will heal."

Frank raised an eyebrow. "But?"