~✦ 𝓼𝔀𝓪𝔂 ✦~

a game : every time the word 'sway' or anything related to it gets mentioned, take a shot 

Getting ready for the masquerade party thrown by the royal family was always on your bucket list, however, you didn't expect to attend it at such an early age of 23. You were in the main city at the time with your family, and as a family of merchants, you were known for your constant travels. Your mother insisted that you gave it a shot, maybe even coming back with a husband tied to your pinkie. But, you weren't going for a husband, or a fiance, you were going to show off your dance moves that you didn't get to show off a lot, going to show off your magic, to catch eyes and then disappear from any person's life, for you and your family never stayed in one place for more than 3 days. 

You looked at the mirror, applying the red lip gloss to your lips, you smiled at your reflection. You surely looked catchy, pretty seductive, if you would add. You applied some mascara for your eye colour to pop out, applying on a ruby choker and red ruby earrings, before smirking at your reflection. 

What a charming young lady. 

Saying that your hobbies included seducing men from every town would be a lie. You never brought them to bed, right? All you did was lure them in and make them want more of your presence, before you disappeared from their lives, once and for all. None of your family members knew about this, of course! And, you knew that it was inappropriate, but, it was fun, wasn't it?

You held the black and golden mask in hand, staring at your reflection in the mirror as you put it on. You gave yourself a charming smile, before tying it behind your head. You held up a big red flower comb and pinned it in your hair, before smiling again. 

"Mother~" you called out, slipping on your red heels "I am going off to the ball..!" 

Your mother stood by the door, packing your bags and fixing the bags that contained the traded goods that you guys sold. From clothes to accessories, to jewellery. "Just come back early..! The cart is already waiting outside!" 

"Yes, mother!" 

You hopped into the cart, before smiling at the driver happily "To the castle, please..!" 

"Yes, ma'am." 

And the trip to the castle started.

Who could have known that you would be so amazed by the beautiful castle? You never saw it this close. It was literally shimmering, the lights hung outside shining brightly and cheerfully, chattering royals and nobels walking in, each with a date, some with no one. From the clothing styles and the masks, you could tell what social class a person belonged to. You just hoped that you seemed more than a simple merchant's daughter. 

Who even cares!? You told yourself. You're here to have fun, not get anxiety and shit! Who cares what they'd think of you? You were here for drinks, dances, fun and flirting! People's thoughts could be kept to themselves!

You rose your chin up and gave a small smirk to yourself and walked into the place. It was buzzing around with people, dancing, swaying, chattering. You walked to the drinks' table, making sure to look as elegant as possible, already noticing some eyes on your form as you walked. 

You picked up a long glass with a pink liquid inside it. Sipping on it, you walked back to the side of the dance floor, swaying along to the music, just some moves, making sure that the drink doesn't spill on your hand-sewn dress.