My tears cease, eyes wide open, heart pounding. I'm hearing things. I have to be. There's no way she's here...

Despite this, I jump to my feet, wipe the tears from my eyes with the back of my hand and call out to her, "I'm here! Karen I'm here!"

"Tricia!" My girlfriend joyfully gasps. "Where are you?"

"I- I don't know. We're sealed in and there's no way out."

There's a moment of silence and all I can hear is my heart thudding in my ears. If she's gone-

"Okay, were coming in. Get behind something, like a desk or whatever's in there with you. If it doesn't see you, you'll be squished."

"If what sees me?" I call out, "and Gregory's here, he-"

"Tricia, hide!" Kenny yells, the power in their voice so overwhelming that I run to the dead end hallway before they even finish talking.

I jump behind a broken plank of wood and crouch so the majority of my body is hidden. Merely seconds after I'm covered, there's an deafening crash of something bursting through the wall, followed by debris hitting the floor and giant floor shaking footsteps.

"Trish?"

Two pairs of footsteps thud to the floor. There's an angered grunt, cut short by a fleshy slap, like someone was patting a horse's back.

"Sweetie? Are you here?" Karen's honey sweet voice echoes in the room.

"Karen!" I exclaim, struggling to get out of my hiding spot. Splinters scratch my skin and cut into my limbs, dripping blood everywhere. I manage to squeeze myself out and run over to her, "oh my god, it really is you."

Her bottom lip wobbles and she wraps her arms so tight around me I can hardly breathe. I squeeze my eyes shut and breathe sharply, inhaling her scent. I never thought I'd miss the smell of sweat and dirty clothes.

"I missed you..." she whispers into my shoulder, "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." I pull out of her hug and cup her cheeks, resting her forehead against mine. "Will you marry me?"

"What?"

I drop to one knee and take one of her hands in both of mine.

"Will you marry me? For real this time?" I ask, "with a church and food, a pretty wedding dress- or a suit- and have our family and friends watch. It'll be so much better than last time, so much more... romantic?"

Karen giggles and for a second I think she's laughing at me, or at the idea of marrying me, but then she nods.

"Yes. Yes, of course I'll marry you!"

Before I can fully process her answer, she drops to her knees and presses her lips to mine. There's a faint taste of cherries in her breath and her lips are soft as always. Tangling my fingers in her hair, I pull her closer until there's no gap between us, our bodies presses together, limbs merged to match our lips.

"Alright love birds, time to go." Kenny pats my shoulder, "Craig's getting grumpy."

I look up expecting to see my brother pacing the floor as he always does when he's grumpy, but instead I'm face to face with a Cartman, one of the worst mutations out there. Once it sets its eyes on you, it won't leave until one of you is dead.

"Holy shit, run!" I scream.

Before I can even move, Karen and Kenny grab onto me, chuckling.

"That's Craig," Kenny explains, "named after your brother of course. He's our ride."