Chapter 1

Clark county, the old classic neighborhood was like any neighborhood you see in the movies. A calmly place where the Las Vegas sun shined the county. The whole place is crowded with many new houses that are filled with people doing daily jobs that included the ordinary day; people taking a morning jog, kids playing outside with the sprinkler against the hot sun, occasionally washing their cars, and neighbours greeting neighbours and friends alongside.

Such a wonderful day to have everything going accordingly well.

But then there was Charlie Brock who has a broken down Harley Davidson bike. She put new tires yesterday and it worked well before, and now heading to school early the bike breaks down, the exhaustion shuts down. Unsure what is the problem, she curses at it, walking with the bike back to her house.

"Really? Really?" She said to the bike. "I'm gonna take you apart again. You watch me. Watch me take you apart." She growled in frustration.

"Nothing doing?" A voice said.

Charlie sees the familiar neighbor across three houses away from Charlie, Doris. A very attractive girl with the typical bleached blonde hair and where's scandalous clothing that Charlie thinks is uncomfortable. She's sweet and used to do dance classes with her when she was seven years old. However, her family always said she is a stripper and takes classes to get extra money. She disagreed, although everyone says she is and Charlie can't that through her head.

"This thing has got no ambition," said Charlie. "Doris, do you want some help with the trash?"

"Oh, I got it. Thanks." She said smiling. "Alright, will let you go. It's good to see you, Charlie. You're getting big and beautiful by the minute."

Charlie rolls her eyes at the complement then she glances behind Doris of her pink pants, reading 'Lucky'.

"Hey, Charlie," Called out her mom, Jane Brock. She watched her daughter stare at Doris and had a grin. "Don't leer at the neighbors."

She walks over to her mom as her mom puts realtor signs in the trunk of her car. Her mom basically realtors each of these newly built houses and sometimes it is a lot of work. There are days where her mom would come home and just go to bed or never come back from work until the next day. It made Charlie decide to be more helpful around the house, being able to construct a lot more to the house. Taking a few classes of constructions and welding and had lessens from the old auto mechanic in Las Vegas, Charlie was like "the man in the house". Doing all the hard work and she does enjoy it, although she wants to be responsible to help in a house full of women.

She pulls the bike inside the garage and helps her mom puts the wood spikes with the sign in the SUV. "She's the one that put the word on her butt. I'm just reading it."

Mom looked annoyed and said, "Is he ever going to move that dumpster?"

Charlie looks at the dumpster. "Oh, Mom, come on. You got to get over it."

"Attitude. You've been stressed or something. Jamie?" She asked.

"I thought you would be stressed with Jamie having a long-term relationship with her boyfriend Lucas. Then my bike not working, I think I'm good."

"Getting what you want can be stressful." She said. "Especially when you're not used to getting it. More to lose."

"You reading those books again. The Power of Whatever-the-hell? Because they've definitely not working. And neither is this."

Charlie revs the engine of the bike and it continuously roars but doesn't start. Inhaling and exhaling she calms her anger out. "Still tripping out over some guy's box."