Chapter 10

In the kitchen foyer, Charlie stops by the door and stood still for a least a couple of minutes. A bag in her hand and a stake in the other, taking deep breaths to calm herself. It's nighttime and she has a foot away to get to the garbage but that distance looked longer. One large step and Jerry is behind her already and drags her back to his house.

She growls herself to stop being scared. She going to face him sooner or later. She then made the choice to dash quickly outside. She reaches to the garbage lid, throwing the bag over and dashes back to the house.

"Okay, Charlie. You're safe," she relieved herself, shaking her arms to release the cold blood.

"You going my way, girl?"

Charlie spun around dropping the stake out of her hand, most professional vampire-hunter-like and she definitely didn't scream like a girl at a boy band concert, as Jerry was standing outside her open door giving her a little half smile.

His smooth alabaster skin glinting in the pale moonlight his messy black hair, a black shirt that showed off lean sinewy muscle that ran down his elbows, his long slender fingers gripping the sides of the windows. But his gaze was the most frightening, possessive black orbs.

"Jesus fucking Christ," she gasps as Jerry pressed his finger to his own lips, shushing Charlie.

"Don't you know it's a sin to say the lords name in vain." A slow smirk spreading on his face. A sin? This freaking monster was telling her what was sinful? This guy who drank people like they were orange juice? That's just wrong.

"Oh screw you Jerry." Despite the fact that her knees was knocking like a tin wall in a hurricane. She was thankful that at least her voice didn't tremble.
Don't show any weakness. She gulped.

"Well let me inside and I can see if I can make that happen, well after I've had my fill though of course, Charlie girl."

His eyes are darker than obsidian as he stared into the soul of the frightened girl. A sweat drop seemed to pour down her back like it was Niagara Falls as she watched Jerry eye her off like she was a chicken tender.

She tried to hide her exposed skin on her shoulder which is subsequently exactly where Jerry was looking, his tongue sliding over his lips in the most lecherous way.

Charlie clung to her stake, shaking like a leaf at this creature staring at her at the same time trying to remain with some sense of dignity, but the trembling wasn't out of fear as she was suddenly filled with fear yet dignifying.

This monster comes to her house and is threatening Charlie to hurt her family. The family is his next meal and Charlie must remain in control and defy herself as strong. However, the scene she has escaped his house and the last smirk he gave before she ran back to her house, Charlie never felt terrified in her life. But she can't be scared anymore. I don't want to be scared of this monster anymore, she swallowed, the lump in her throat letting anger consume her as she dares herself to talk to Jerry.

"I know what you are, and I'm not afraid of you anymore."

"Do you really, Charlie?"

Charlie hesitates and swallows. Jerry can hear it against her skin. "I'm sure. You're a vampire and I won't let you hurt my family like you did with Doris. Ed." Charlie says. Such a brave girl, Jerry thinks, even with her voice gone meek and shaky.

Jerry leans in closer, but didn't put his head inside the door since no invitation. Charlie tensed. It makes Jerry want to touch her, to see exactly how wound up she can get.

"I knew you were in my house, I can sense you. You were you watching and did nothing?" he asks like a concerned parent. He's always loved a challenge, but after four hundred years he often has to make his own; humans are so simple and immortality can be so dull. He sees it all laid out before him - he could have Charlie in every way possible, and there's nothing Charlie could do about it, but that would be so predictable, so crude. While most of the time Jerry sees no reason not to act on every instinct, to take whatever or whomever he wants, he's so used to people being willfully blind to his existence that first Ed, and now Charlie- this is quite a novelty for him. With Charlie, she knows Jerry is trying to challenge her though the words hit her into the heart. She did only watched as Doris died in front of her. But it's not going to happen again.

"Were you trying to watch me give it to Doris?" he says, his tone low with dark insinuation. "Wanted to see how a real man does it, huh?"

Charlie shakes her head frantically.

Jerry can't help but respond to the gesture. He's still far from done tormenting her, and he says, "No? Well maybe we should go over and see what Jane thinks of all this." Charlie quivered. "We'll have a heart-to-heart about this," Jerry continues, practically crooning, "and then she'll break down and tell me all about how hard it's been raising you alone, and I'll offer her a shoulder to cry on, and, well, you know how that goes..." He pauses, lets the air get heavy, and then, "You better get used to the idea of me being your new daddy."

The noise that comes out of Charlie's mouth is mostly horrified, but a little like hysterical laughter too. She's gone back to squirming. "My mom would never go for you," Charlie hisses. Jerry enjoys the futile struggle, enjoys the way Charlie's inadvertently curling a fist in her hand, getting him more turned on. Charlie wants to punch him right here, leash out her fury at Jerry, calling her mom in inappropriate situations. However, she can't do it. She would be reckless and get herself killed.

He chuckles. "What's the matter, Charlie? Got a little bit of an Oedipal complex? Or maybe you're a little jealous? It's okay, you're pretty too."

Charlie freezes, then puts the stake up, warning to Jerry. "You're really kidding yourself, girl, if you think your mom's not hot for me, but I'll give you a choice: I can either wait until she's back and where Jane is sure to invite me in, or we can go upstairs and talk about this like adults. It could of been simple enough, take you or your sister's blood. Not enough to kill you, turn you. Just a little taste. And the next day, it will all be back to normal like it was before. Jane doing her job as you two girls go to school with me being the hot next door neighbour that could be the potential daddy for you, girls."

"I'm never inviting you," Charlie says, her voice fierce and grim.

"Okay," Jerry smiles easily, "It's time for you to be the man of the house, Charlie." Jerry says. "You broke into my house, you got caught yet I let you go, and now you need to face up to it." He likes the spark of resentment that gets him, temporarily burning through Charlie's fear. Although, she was scared beyond her control, she still stands tall against Jerry, not letting herself to wilfully lead herself to him. This whole game has been pushing Jerry's buttons, but it's that look that makes him enjoy more of the cute cat and mouse game.

Charlie stands in defiance, wanting to show Jerry that she's scared- she admits it to be scared of this creature of the night- but she shows him she will not quit to protect her family from the shadows lurking next door.