Chapter 12

They drive about five minutes, the breeze of wind in the car. They take some time to take a moment to breathe again and relieve the dismay. Cold sweat filled Charlie's body, the wind made it colder. She's alarmed on her surroundings, seeking for Jerry or his lying body on the road. Jamie and Lucas layout the roads with Charlie, surveying on only gravel roads and the dark desert.

"Do you see him?" Charlie questions.

"No," replied Lucas.

"Did I kill him?" Asked Jane.

"Hopefully..." Quivered Charlie.

Just as Charlie was getting her hopes up, noises screeched underneath their feet. Metal scraping against another, the undercarriage is thudding and all eyes and heads look down below where Jane's legs are. She calls to Jane when the floor jumps like a burst then it burst twice, and the metal floor burst opens to reveal gnarly hands and long sharp nails, piercing the metal.

Both Jane and Jamie screamed, finally seeing the actual monster that Charlie has been describing to them the whole time.

"No! That's his fucked-up vampire hand. Now, do you believe me?" She didn't mean to sound harsh, but now at least they believe her. His hands protruding in and out, opening its way through.

"Shit!" Lucas screamed. His mind screamed over and over on Jerry's a vampire and he's under the car.

Charlie doesn't know what to do, she insists her mom to drive faster to maybe get him off underneath the car, and the hand strikes out, growling for any flesh to drive upon. Cries of fear explodes to everyone; Jane moves away from the hand, screaming for anyone to kick the hand away. In an instance, Charlie goes over the seat and starts to kick, avoiding to kick her mom as she's driving. She wished she had her stake since it fell from her back pocket, she kicks hard and fast.

It's then the hand finds the brakes and pushes it, the car stops mid-point.

They scan everywhere, spotting for Jerry. "Do you see him?" Lucas asked.

"Where is he?" Charlie asked.

BANG!

CRASH!

The car slammed by someone driving, the rear back is crushed, glass shatters and metal bent, airbags bursts.

Jane hits her head so hard she's bleeding on her forehead. Charlie groans at the slam, rubbing her sore neck. Looking back to see if anyone's hurt, Jamie asks, "Where did he go?"

Charlie grunts in pain and sits up. "Stay in the car."

A businessman in the Toyota car gets out, looking at the damage of his car. He walks up. "What the hell you think you're doing?"

She breathed heavily and Charlie yelled at him. "Hey! Say in the car!" But the man didn't listen, he kept complaining.

"-You stop in the middle of the road and you got your tail lights out-"

The car suddenly lifts up, raising up high. She screams, can't believe how strong Jerry was, easing the car so high off from his back and shoulders. He struggles a bit on carefully dropping the car down and Charlie's face strikes in major fear of looking at the pure monster.

His face is mutated in a monstrous animal, the mouth split wide open than any human was capable of with a row of sharp jagged teeth, growling inhumanly as his eyes burn like tar at the poor, growling a terrifyingly inhumanly sound.

The businessman scurried back inside his car when Jerry pulls him out like a rag doll, threw his head back his teeth retracting fully and rips into his neck, devouring the pool of blood.