Epilogue

Jamie and Lucas are spending a night at Peter's penthouse since it's a parting gift for the couple, getting some donations as well for Jane to find another home and claim insurance. Jane went back to Clark County and since she knows every sales of houses being sold, she found one that's good enough to pay rent until she moves to another place. While with Charlie, she had to stay a couple more days to recover. Her mind still gashes in horror when one of the nurses had to clean and re-wrap it, still waiting for the stitches to come out, whenever she looked at the bandages necklacing Charlie's throat, Jamie could only picture the bloody bite that had been there before.

There were nightmares, some nights, where the slash went too deep, where everything was red and wet and the blood sprayed and Jamie couldn't save her. Or Jerry has turned her into a vampire, claiming her fangs at Jamie, and Jamie wakes up, sweating and shaking, clinging to Lucas and assuring herself Charlie is alive and human.

-:-:-:-:-

It took Jamie not too long than she wanted to be comfortable with sex. It was a learning process, all of it, made of gentle, guiding hands and tender patience and whispered praises in her ear while she and Lucas were pressed close together between the sheets in one of Peter's spare bedrooms. She slowly, surely, took back control of her own body, and could never be thankful enough to Lucas for being a determined man who was willing to wait. Willing to do a lot, really.

Her phones rings and she had to pull away the kiss and and answer. "Hello?"

"Hey, Jamie. I'm not disturbing you. Actually, I'm happy I've disturbed. Busy going to get it on with Lucas." She pretends to barf on the phone and Jamie chuckles. "Disgusting."

"Says the one you said that gave me permission to do whatever I want." She teases, and hears the soft chuckle of Charlie. Her voice still croaks, healing on her wound.

"Hey, um..."

"What is it?" Jamie asks.

"I just- when Jerry bit me and drank some of my blood, something strange happened. It was like I knew what he was feeling, thinking. And I felt sorrow over him."

Sorrow? Thought Jamie. She questions why she would be sad over a monster who tried to kill them, but she let her continue. "He hated people- humans. Not because we were mortal, weak. He envied humans. He missed being alive for many years ago, able to walk and feel the warm sun on his face. He wanted it so badly that he started to believe that the Immortal Blood was real. And he found it and I felt him surged with bliss."

She coughs under her throat, her mouth starting to dry up. "I'm sorry. Must be out of my mind." She heaves a dry laugh.

"Must be those drugs that got you."

"Yeah. Anyway, will you see until I get out of this place. God, I hate it."

She smiled. "Don't worry. We'll be home as soon as possible. See you later. Bye."

"Bye."

She puts her phone and turns at the smug look that Lucas had. She then pulls her shirt, revealing herself only in her black underwear and the smug look on Lucas's face widens more.

"You can fuck me. If you want. If that would be easier." He said.

Jamie almost choked. "What?"

Lucas raised his head to look at her. "What? You didn't think about that? I mean, you can take control, right?"

Jamie considered that. "I just...never thought about it."

Lucas, as dominant as he was, was all too willing to give up control to Jamie. Why she hadn't seen that earlier, she couldn't say. But she took everything she got- go slow, yes, just like that, Jamie, fuck, oh god, right there, baby, yes- and held it close.

He'll be like this with you, when you're ready. This patient, this gentle, this good.

Jamie more than proved her right the first time he is making love to her in this very moment. She'd been touched before, by then- by Lucas's fingers, by her own, by Lucas's mouth- but the feeling of Lucas inside her, of their bodies, unguarded and intertwined so closely that Jamie thought she may never be able to disentangle herself, was like nothing else.

When she came, it was with a victory cry that Lucas had to quickly smother with her own mouth lest they wake Peter and Ginger down the hall.

-:-:-:-:-

Charlie doesn't take naps all day, much like the previous nights before. It's like her body couldn't sleep anymore. Her entire body feels different, not knowing why she does. As if something is trailing over her body and a force is coursing her body. But she didn't have a strong surge because she is weak, ill to her stomach.

It's was the next morning when something inside her finally appears. It's creeping the pulsing veins in her blood, her tired eyes focused through the sunlit window. She never felt the warmth of the sun, shivers trailed her spine for no reason, and she wasn't cold at all, didn't bother to pull the blankets. In fact, not move at all, eyes staring at the warm, heating sun.

Such a purely tempting sight.

With that Charlie never noticed herself shedding a single tear.

With that Charlie never felt the tear going down her cheek to the jaw.

With that Charlie sheds a blood tear.