Chapter 20

Charlie groaned, her hands feeling like lead on the steering wheel. Her neck was in tremendous pain and the glass from the passenger side window had sprayed and hit her face. She lifted a hand to the side of her face and pulled away, wet blood smeared on her fingers. Her neck felt stiff and trembled when she looked to the side that got the initial hit. It was busted, the roof dented and she was hanging on her side.

She craned her neck again to see it's sunrise and Jerry is not there.

Charlie began to cough then unbuckles her seatbelt. Opening the door, it's stuck. She pulls her legs up when a searing pain bites her right leg. She inspects and a gash of blood stained her inner thigh. Her thigh is sliced so deep and it's bleeding. She tears a part of her tank top by using the blade of the arrow to rip the material and pads the wound. It hurts so much, she had to bite her shaking hand at the pain, tears bleeding in her eyes. She gasps a shuttering sob as she wraps the material around her leg before tying it so tight, she screamed.

Taking a moment to inhale and exhale the pain, she uses her other leg to kick the cracked window. It breaks.

She groaned again and grabs the crossbow and checking her sheath pocket where the stake is still there. Next thing she slowly drags herself out, avoiding any glass on her arms and hands.

She's out and groans, closing her eyes to take a breather. Then as she lays on the warm road, she finds Clark County, right into the street of her neighborhood.

Where Jerry is waiting for her.

And she's ready to go back to him again. She knows she is bloody and broken, unable to fight against Jerry while she's bleeding out, she doesn't care anymore. She will push herself to the limits to stop this chase game. No pain can slow her down or make her run back to heal in the hospital and have a rest, she's going to sacrifice herself for her family, even if she might be the Immortal Blood, it does not matter. What matters is the look on Jerry's face as she pierces his heart, his skin turning into ashes.

Charlie is struggling to prop herself up, but she used the car to pull herself up. Looks like her leg is pretty busted open, it's still leaking all over the material. It didn't matter; she holds the crossbow and is able to limp to Jerry's house.

Luckily nothing appears to be broken. She hobbles into the neighborhood with her arm slung around the crossbow, the stake hanging on her belt, wincing with every step.

After a long hard walk down the long block, she passes by her charcoal house, police yellow streams lined around the house with Jerry's house beside hers. Undamaged and prestige.

Not anymore.

And a phone rings inside her pocket. She pulls it out- she completely forgot that she had it. She looks at the number and it's Jamie and answers.

"Jamie?" She said.

"Charlie? Charlie, where are you? Are you okay? Is Jerry following you?" Jamie kept asking so many questions and she did not listen to her questions, she listened to her worried voice. She's alive and well, that's all Charlie needs. She needs to remember her voice clearly, having memories flashing in front of her as children to the young women they are. It brings joy to her as she worries over Charlie when she was the one that was worried the most.

"Hey, Jamie," she said weakly.

"You sound weird. Charlie, tell me dammit, where are you?" She demanded through the phone.

She huffs a small chuckle. "It's good you're okay. I thought he turned you."

"Charlie, can you please listen to me. Come back to me," she's heard a soft whimper in her voice and she can tell Jamie's crying. "Mom needs you. We can run away from Jerry, no matter long it takes us. It's no risk to kill Jerry, he's too strong Charlie. You can't let yourself be killed by him. Come home, please." Charlie had to wipe the tears away, she choked up on the sob when Jamie's crying. It so hard to control her sadness inflicting in her chest. God, she misses the warmth of her hugs, the bright smile when she ever cracks a joke or rolls her eyes whenever Charlie annoyed her. She thinks about Jamie's demand for a long time, leaning her head against Jerry's front door.