Chapter 4

「... You ...

Have you heard?

There is a rule you must never break about these stairs...

Never step on the 4th stair of this staircase...

If you do...

You'll be transported to the other side...

Have you heard of this rumor, Misaki Kaidan...」

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third Person's POV

The young (h/c) haired girl sighed once again looking at the sunset.

"(Y/n), are you alright? You've been staring into the sunset while sighing for a while... " The amber-eyed ghost said floating above the (h/c).

"Want me to kiss you?" The ghost said suddenly facing the girl upside down making a kiss face while pointing at his lips.

Immediately snapping out of her thoughts and jumping back from Hanako.

"What?! No!" (Y/n) said blushing crazily.

"Well that snapped you out of your trance" Hanako laughed getting closer to you.

"S-shut up!" She said, diverting eye contact from him looking at the clock.

"It's getting late... I should probably get home now, before my mom kills me..." She trailed off getting her bag.

"Bye Hanako-kun, see you tommorow!" She said leaving the bathroom.

"Bye..."

"You suddenly seem lonely."

"Is it because the girl left?"

"It's definitely because of the girl!"

"Shut it mokke." Hanako said getting out his knife and pointing it at the mokke.

"It's because of the girl isn't it?"

"That explains why he suddenly got sad."

"He has no one to annoy!"

"No! Not that!"

"So what?" Hanako said looking out of the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n)'s POV

"Ah! (N/n)!" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

"Aoi!" I said turning to my childhood friend.

"You seem busy these days! So I haven't got the time to ask..." She said leaning closer.

"Who's the lucky boy to capture your heart?"

"Not you too Aoi!"

~The Next Day~

"(Y/n)? You're staring into the void again... "

"Ah! M-Minamoto-senpai! You scared me! " I said turning to the owner of the voice.

"It's rare to see you thinking of something for so long, (y/n)" he said going to the spot beside me.

"Ah, a lot of things have been going on for a while..." I trailed off while looking out the window of the old building.

He was about to say something but got interrupted by a familiar voice yelling my name.