Chapter 3 - The start

Small hearth was bustling with life, the town was mainly occupied by the poor. Money was hard to come buy in the heart of Birmingham and people made do the best they could. It was not uncommen to find children who were far to thin running around with no shoes or family sheltering in allyways but to many it was home. A place without judgement, a place for lost ends and more recently a place of a blooming business.

The Peakyblinders ran Small Hearth and were expanding rapidly, they were both respected and feared and very few tried to cross them. People were not to fond of being blinded by the blades they wore upon their heads. The leader of the Peakyblinders, Thomas Shelby was the most feared and respected. He was not as Violent as Arthur, as Innocent as Finn or as Reckless as John but his very present commanded respect. Tommy's very being seemed to radiate power and his icy blue eyes always seemed to be staring into your very soul. Leaving you trapped within his sometimes deadly gaze.

The whole of Small Hearth knew about the disappearance of his daughter Harriet, they also knew that unless they had any new information to keep their mouths tightly sealed. None of the family took well her name being mentioned, it was always end in trouble for the person daring to speak it. But it was well known that the Peakyblinders had taken a darker route because of this, desperate to find her And the war came and the three eldest brothers were shipped off to France, they had been given by far the worst job as tunnelers and when those clocks chimed on the 11th hour of the 11th day different men returned from the war. The search was still on for Harriet but there wasn't the same enthusiasm behind it, the Peakyblinders had began to fear the worst even if that was never muttered and so they began to fix more races and earn even more money, they had to adapt.

Today was a normal day in the Shelby household, Polly was sat quietly in the Kitchen Nursing a hot cup of tea and glancing at the newspaper in her hand. Tommy was sat quietly, a stack of papers in front of him and cup of tea to his left . Just as he raised a cigarette to his mouth, Arthur came barrelling down the stairs. His hair was unkept and he stank of stale whisky. " Long night brother?" he asked. Arthur pulled the toast that had been placed on the table near him and took a large bite before answering. " fuck of Tommy." came the grumbled reply. Tommy sighed, it seemed like it wasn't going to be one of those days. He pulled himself up and grabbed his coat. " where are you going?" asked Polly as she pulled her gaze away from the newspaper and on to her nephew. " Got business to sort." He replied coolly as he turned to go out the door, the sooner he got this done the sooner he could get a drink. Which he really needed. Just as he was going out of the door he saw Arthurs head perk up, " What fucking business?!" Tommy smirked as he made his way to Charlies Yard.

Perched high upon Monaghan Boy, Tommy urged the horse towards the Chinese quarters of Small hearth. He had business to do. The people of Small Hearth moved out of the way of the towering horse, and avoided eye contact with the man on top. The horse made its way down through Small hearth until he reached the quarters. It was eerily quiet. The only sound was the heavy breathing of the horse beneath him. He knew this could be risky but it was the next step that needed to be taken. He wouldn't stop until he was on top, he wasn't bowing down to another mans orders again. He was Thomas Shelby and a Peaky Fuckin Blinder and he took orders from no one or asked anyone for Permission to do anything. He pulled a smoke out of his pocket and lit it, inhaling deeply he waited for the man to show.

A rounded man came nervously towards the horse dragging a Young girl behind him, he pulled his bowler hat off an grasped in tightly with shaking hands. " Sir?" he queried. "This is her. " and thrust the girl forward. Tommy stared at the duo, his gaze causing them to fidget on the spot, inwardly he grinned. Perfect.

The Powder trick was preformed perfectly. It was the best way to spread word of his horse. Still sat on top of his horse, he pulled the smoke from his lips and spoke to near by family's who had started to venture out. " The horse's name is Monaghan Boy." He called, "Kempton, three o'clock, Monday." and with that he turned the horse and began the slow treck back to the yard. Today was the start of the expansion of the Peakyblinders and Powder trick was the first of many steps.

Tommy was so lost in thought he completly missed the two girls who had entered the Garrison laughing.

......................................................................................................................................

An: 

He just missed them!!! 

Once again the chapters will be longer once they meet.  Who do you want to meet Harriet first ?

Please review it would mean the world to me.

Thankyou, Carlie :)