...almost say "I love you"

Akk POV

I stood up from my study table to stretch. At last, I finished my paper due in a couple of days. I've been slaving over it for weeks now, gathering appropriate data and doing the required analysis. All that's left is to check the citations and proofread the thing and it's ready to be submitted!

"Yey!" I exclaimed with delight since the hard part of the project was over. I learned from Tone that one should celebrate little accomplishments no matter how small.

I skipped dinner just to finish my paper. I glanced at the clock, it was only around 8pm. Maybe I'll treat myself with some late dinner and a delicious dessert. Hmmmm....

"Sounds like a plan!" I smiled triumphantly. I was about to enter the bathroom when the doorbell chimed.

Who could it be? I don't think any of the guys have free time today. I specifically planned to do my paper today precisely because everyone else were busy. Toey is acting as the sous chef in the French resturant he's been training in while Kin and Pong have night shift today. And of course, Tone is...

...standing right outside my doorstep.

"Hwa?" My jaw dropped upon seeing my bestfriend. He looked so dashing!

"Tone? What are you doing here?" I was truly stunned

"Tone? What are you doing here?" I was truly stunned. "Aren't you suppose to be in a ship somewhere in the Carribean?"

"Surprise!!!" He exclaimed with arms open wide. "It's my first break from work!"

"Owwwwkkaaaay... so what are you doing here?" I'm still not over seeing Tone here in the flesh.

"Isn't it obvious?" His arms still spread wide.

"What's obvious?" Seriously I have no idea.

He pouted, though in an exaggerated comical way. "I miss you. That's why I came to see you immediately." He dropped his arms, his excitement dissipated. "I guess you don't miss me too."

It was at this time that I snapped out of my shock of seeing him. Acting purely on impulse, I jumped him and rounded my arms around him. "Of course I miss you! Sorry! It took a little time to get over that your here in front of me."

"I miss you Akk so much!" He took a deep breath and savored our presence of each other.

We seperated and locked our eyes. Then...

*BAAAAAM!!!*

"Aww Akk! Is that how you greet your bestfriend that you haven't met for almost a year?" He complained why massaging the spot where I hit him.

"Serves you right coming here unannounced!" I nagged with my hands on my waist. "Good thing I was still here, I was planning on eating outside!"

"That's perfect! I wanted to invite you out to dinner that's why I came here." His using his gummy smile as leverage. He knows it's my weakness.