...drive a little too slow

Akk POV

It was finishing the report that will be submitted to upper management. It was a Friday night and I will be free this weekend since my school term ended a week ago.

No more all nighters! Hurray! I will finally have some well deserved rest starting tonight!

But I need to slave over this important document first. This is also my last function as a management trainee. I will be transferred to a new post on Monday.

I hope they will put me in sales as my graduation project involves that key area. I can easilly work on it if ever I will be assigned there.

A few more information to input then I was done. After a quick scan of the document, I composed an email and attached the file.

*click*

Sent!

I stood up to stretch to savor my accomplishment. I'm feeling really good tonight! I glanced at the clock, it was quarter to 7PM. Perfect time for dinner.

I shutdown my laptop and finished my tumbler full of water. I'm surprised to see it still 3/4's full after sitting down for a while on my desk.

Ugh! Another failed attempt for Beam Vongviphan! I've been feeling dehydrated lately since I'm working too much. So I decided to drink more fluids to keep my body going. But it seemed I need to be more conscious. Anyway baby steps, I just started with this anyway.

I enclosed my laptop into my backpack then grabbed my vanity bag for a quick retouch. I'm still working in the hospitality indrusty. I need to always look good. Plus, I'm planning on treating myself with a splurge in the nearby banchetto and an ice cold beer!

*grumble*

Even my stomach grumbled in excitement! Haha! Well, I should hurry this up and go.

I returned to my desk and finished packing. I was about to leave when my office phone rang. I contemplated on amswering it because usually, when I receive a call this late, it's about an item that needed to be rushed before Monday.

I gave out one heavy sigh and walked back to my desk to answer the call. I lifted the receiver on the fifth ring.

"Hello, Akk speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hello Khun Akk," a female voice came out from the speaker. "This is Amanda from the front desk. There's a special delivery here for you."

"Hi Amanda, I'm not expecting a package but go ahead and receive it for me. I'll drop by there before I go home." I instructed.

"Uhmm... there are special instructions for the delivery to hand the items to you in person."

"Is that a credit card? Haha!"

"No no. Haha! Delivery is willing to wait until you receive it yourself." Amanda added.

Oh! There are couriers with that kind of services? Wow! Wonder how much premium that costs?

"Alright, I'm actually on my down. I'll receive it in a bit. See you!"

"Really khun?" I heard swooming girls in the background. "I mean, see you in a jiff khun! Kyaaaaaaaaaa!"

I replaced the handset on the phone rest. What's that all about? Why do they sound so excited? Hmmp?

Well no use thinking about something I don't know. I just shrugged, grabbed my bag, and headed to the elevator. When I came out of the office, I was greeted by one of our floor janitors.

"Going on a date khun?" Khun Rey asked with a teasing smile.

"Funny khun! Haha!" I chuckled. "...but no. I'll just treat myself with a delicious sinful meal and some alcohol then call it a night."