Chapter 15

"Hey, I'm up for a swim. Anyone else?" I throw out there hoping to defuse this time bomb that is ticking.

"Who's this?" Dillion nods towards Doug.

Doug, clueless about the tension between Dillion and his girlfriend, reaches over and sticks out his hand. "Doug Walters."

For a half-second, I thought Dillion would refuse to shake it. He gets that, "I don't give a crap smile on his face" but reaches out and gives the guy a firm handshake.

"Good grip," Doug commented, rubbing his hand discreetly, trying to act as that didn't hurt. Olivia is glaring daggers at Dillion. "You ever play ball?" Doug asked.

"Not my sport," Dillion answers. His eyes never leave Olivia's face. "So how long have you two been together?"

"You sure you wouldn't like to get back out there?" I offer again. "I know I sure would feel safer with a swim buddy since it's my first time in the ocean." Nothing. Completely ignored. I can see he refuses to budge and I sigh.

Cat smiles at me. "I'll go with you."

Crap, that's the last thing I want to happen right now. Leave these three alone on the beach ... together. Oh, hell no.

"You know, maybe I should wait?" I try to stall though I have no real good reason and Cat gives me a confused look.

"No, dude. I'd like to go, too," Doug offers, taking off his shirt, and he's in great shape. Okay, he's totally ripped. This is so not good.

"O and I have been going together for just a few months actually," Doug tells Dillion as he kicks off his shoes. "I actually have your sister to thank for getting us together." 

Doug smiles warmly at Cat, who beams back at him. Dillion's chest is rising and falling at a rapid rate. Both Cat and Doug are completely unaware of the anger that is simmering just beneath the surface. Dillion is desperately trying to rein it in.

"O?" Dillion questions, one eyebrow raised, again his question aimed at Olivia.

Olivia shrugs. "Just a nickname. I think I like it," Olivia challenged, wrapping her arms around Doug's now half-naked form and snuggling in. Doug smiles at her before kissing the top of Olivia's head.

"Whatever you say, Kitten," Dillion smirks like he's totally not buying it.

"Kitten?" Doug asks, his eyes squint like he's trying to discern if Dillion is being a smart-ass or hitting on his girlfriend.

Olivia looks up at Doug and laughs. "Don't sweat it, sweetie. Dillion is famous for his nicknames. When we were younger, he used to call his sister Tiger and me, Kitten."

"He calls me Bright Eyes," I add in not exactly sure why.

"It was cute when I was younger," Olivia pulls away from Doug before saying, "but as you can see, Dillion, I'm all grown up now."

"Oh, I can see that right fine, Kitten." There was no mistaking Dillion's look for anything but appreciation for what he is seeing. Some might even venture to say he had a look of desire.

Dahhhh! This is bad, REALLY bad.

Doug looks threatened, Cat looks ticked off, and Olivia... Olivia appears to be a cross between annoyed and amused by the slight curve to her lips and the challenge in her eyes.

To make things even more interesting, I hear off in the distance someone yelling. "Dillion! Babe! There you are!" And this long-legged, olive-skinned beauty comes running up to him. She throws her arms around his neck and nearly knocks him off balance. His arms instinctively wrap around her to keep them both from falling into the sand.