One

I fly through the snow covered trees as blasts fly towards me, I dodge them

I fly through the snow covered trees as blasts fly towards me, I dodge them. I turn around and motion my hands for two cars to crash into each other. I smile at my work and fly forwards to where the team is at. I turn my head to see flying robots on my tail. I feel angered and stop my flying. I watch as they come to my direction in full speed. I inhale a huge breath of air and scream. As they're coming towards me, their metal falls apart.

I've practiced my screaming for three years since the events of New York. Though I don't faint anymore, I do get a bit light headed. It wears off after a couple minutes. Then, I'm set for another scream. I'm glad I've received help for it, I just needed to practice with the right people. And I hate to admit, but Nick Fury was one of those people.

I've reached the team and we all gathered as one. We slam ourselves to the enemy and fight our way through.

"Shit!" I hear tony say through the earpiece.

"Language!" Steve remarks. I give out a confused look for why he said language. It's Tony Stark, his language is very... explicit, "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." Jarvis answered. We're here because the scepter has been taken from us, from HYDRA. They just took it right under our noses and it irritates me how we have to fight our way to go and retrieve it back.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor is here now because of that scepter. It's enough to be used for grand power.

"'At long last' is lasting a little too long, boys... and Kate." I hear Natasha say as I hear gunshots at her end.

"Hmm." I end up saying. I fly to a tower that holds a couple men shooting at me. I forcefully land as they get knocked over due to my ability. I grab one of the fallen guns and aim for my target.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." I hear Clint say. I fly up and watch as a couple robots are chasing Steve. I follow them down and fling them to either trees or themselves in order to help clean Steve's area.

"Wait a second, no one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" I shake my head at Tony's unremarkably sense of humor. I grab a man's collar and fling him to a tree. I watch as a car is shooting blasts at me and I open my mouth to let out a high pitched scream.

"I know. Just slipped out." Steve says accepting the fact that he just embarrassingly scolded Tony.

We carry on with the mission and we continue to fight. I motion my hands around and throw a speeding car into a tower. We've yet to contact again, but we are practically busy with what's in front of us anyway.

"We have an Enhanced on the field." I hear Steve pant out.

"An Enhanced? That's unusual." I comment as I hide behind a tree.

"Clint's hit!" I hear Natasha say. Maybe it's got to him? Whatever it is, I'm ready to take it on. I mean besides Thor and Hulk, I'm an Enhanced individual, "Somebody what to deal with that bunker."

And with that, I hear Hulk roar and smash. I fly up and make my way to Natasha and Clint. A couple blasts come my way and I dodge them as I hit it with whatever surrounding object I see.

I stand by Natasha and look at Clint who seems to be in massive pain. His wound is big, he was struck by the side and he's grunting due to the pain.

"I can take him back to the Quinjet." I tell her. She nods and make Clint levitate off the ground as he still lays horizontally. I turn back to Natasha, "cover me."

"Drawbridge is down, people." I hear tony say. Though I can no longer come to their help since I'm taking Clint back, I'd probably find a use for myself in the central building. But my teammate comes first.

I hear Thor and Steve have a conversation as Thor comes my way to help Natasha and Steve to help Tony find the scepter. I made it to the Quinjet and placed the grunting Clint down.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!"

||

I walk around the tower as I sip into my orange juice. I'm currently looking for Natasha to know if Clint will survive his hit. Though I know he will, I find it amusing seeing him in chronic pain; I don't mean that literally.

"Oh, hey, Steve." I say as I catch Steve walking around with a tablet in his hands. He looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey, Kate. How you doing?" He asks as he lowers his hand with the tablet. It seems as if he wants to focus on our conversation.

"Considering the fact that we just left a battlefield, I'm, psh, great." I exclaim sarcastically. I mean I'm fine, I just prefer not fighting in general. My sarcasm seems to humor him since he's chuckling.

"Well, we won this one so far." I eye him with a smile.

"You don't think it's over?" I ask. He sighs and looks down at the tablet.

"I've encountered one of the enhanced individuals." He says as he hands me the tablet.

"One of them? There's more?" I ask as I look down at the tablet to see a picture of a female and male.

"So far, we know there's only two." He corrects. I read how the female one with the name of Wanda Maximoff has the ability of mental manipulation and telekinesis, just like me. That must interesting. The male with the name of Pietro Maximoff has superhuman speed. That should also be interesting.

"That Wanda chick, seems friendly." I joke as I hand him the tablet back.

"I don't know if you're-"

"I'm joking, Steve." I say. He looks down in embarrassment as I take a sip of my orange juice, "Well, I'll see you around. I'm gonna go find Natasha."

"Wait," I stop my tracks and turn to face Steve as I sip into the straw of orange juice, "Are you going to the party?"

"Well, the party is in a couple days. I don't know yet. I'm not... a party type."

"You live here, though."

"Still doesn't stop me from staying in my room." I smile at him as he does the same. I mean, I haven't gone to a party in what seems like forever. The last party I went to was senior prom, and that was 8 years ago.

"Well, if you do consider in going and have no one to go with, would you consider in going with me?" That question takes me aback. I haven't been to a party in 8 years let alone go with a guy. Steve has taken me by surprise. This whole time I've been planning on staying in and just have a relaxing bath as I watch a movie in my bathtub. But to go to a party with a Steve? That's-that's something I'm not prepared for, "I mean if you don't want to, it's fine-"

"No! No, I mean no." I didn't even realize I left him hanging like that, "I mean, yes. I'll take it in consideration."

I should, in no doubt, slap myself. How could I just embarrass myself like that? I mean, we're only going as friends. Tony did tell us we could bring someone.

"If you don't go, I'll drop by for a quick visit." He says. I nod with a smile and he leaves.

Did that really just happen? Was I really just ask to go to a party? I should kill Nick Fury for convincing this life upon me. I never thought I'd find the jolt happiness I'm feeling right now. Everything crashed down when my parents passed. Nothing was ever the same, I was never the same. I've improved a lot from the past three years than I've ever improved from the five years before that. I'm glad that I did, I don't know what I'll be doing if I didn't.

Book two! Eek. But seriously, I recommend in reading book one just so their relationship doesn't seem rushed in this book. But comment and vote! Thank you for reading!