Fourteen

The moment I sit down on the shuttle, I heavy gunfire

The moment I sit down on the shuttle, I heavy gunfire. I turn around and see the Quinjet making its way to shoot down at Thor, Steve and Clint.

"No!" I shout and fly up. I race my way to Thor and slam him against Steve. They both fall to the ground and I look at Clint who's about to get hit with a little boy in his arms. He shields the boy with his body so that he won't get hit. Before I I fly to save them both, the gunshots stop. I spot Pietro standing in front of him. He has many bullet holes in his body.

"You didn't see that coming." He says and then drops down on the ground. My mouth gaps at how shocked I am from his death. A part of me wants to cry, but the other part wants to move on. I didn't know him like that. He's Wanda's brother, the only family she has left. Now she's alone, like me.

The sound of his body dropping was sad enough. Clint looks down at him as shocked as I am. I walk to Pietro and kneel down. I move a strand of his silver hair away from his opened eyes. The thought of my parents cross my mind and I can't contain my watery eyes. I close his eyelids with the palm of my hands. I hold back my tears for I never had to do that to someone. And I never thought I would have to. This guy, he meant nothing to me. I just knew his name and his ability. But he did the right thing by joining us. I sniff and get up on my feet. I motion my hands to lift his body up.

I walk to the shuttle with his body floating behind me. Clint reunites the boy with his mother as I place Pietro's body gently on the shuttle's floor. I bite my cheek and walk away. I can't look at him any longer, it keeps reminding me how I had to watch my parents die. Wanda... does she know? I feel for her, even after what she's done to me. She just lost her brother, the only person that was beside her since birth, literally.

I walk off the shuttle in hopes that maybe looking for people that haven't got on can distract me. I find Steve collecting the remaining civilians and rushing them in the shuttle. He walks towards me.

"He was the only person she had left." I say to him as I look down, "If I had just saved Clint and that boy on time, he wouldn't have died."

"Are you talking about Pietro, or your parents?" I look at him. I was talking about both. I feel my eyes swelling up with salty tears. I couldn't help, but let them go. Steve rushes to me and pulls me into a hug. I keep my arms on my side as I dig my face into his chest.

All of a sudden, I feel like I'm falling. Steve holds my body tightly and I quickly right my arms around his. I open my eyes and peek ourselves elevating off the city. I clutch on Steve with all my might knowing he's a heavy piece of meat, and float. I watch as the city falls down below. Steve's weight begins to tire my arms. I fly up to the base where it all started. As we land and adjust ourselves, we look back down to see the city blow into pieces. Steve and I look away.

"Weird being back here given the circumstances." I say as I look around the flying base. This is where it all started. My first mission. This is where I saved Steve the first time, where him and I genuinely got closer as teammates. I look at him to see that he's looking at me.

"I don't mind." He says and I smile. It's now or never. I walk to him and slide my hands around his neck. I get on my toes and push my lips onto his. I feel his hands linger around my body as he accepts my kiss.

"Wow." He says as soon as we part from the kiss. My stomach, brain and heart flips and jumps and twirls from the happiness and relief that I'm currently feeling. I knew now this was the right time. We saved the world, again. Things couldn't get better than this.

||

"Are you okay?" I ask Wanda as she sits alone. We're in the new Avengers facility that Stark has been building for a while. It's not entirely complete, still needs a lot of building and stuff moving around. But it's ready enough to have our first meeting here.

"I wanted him to be apart of this too." She says as her eyes make their way to mine. Ever since the death of her brother, she's locked herself away. It's been a couple days since the Sokovia crisis.

"He is." I nod at her as I send her a soft smile.

"I'm sorry about what I made you see last time. If I knew everything I know now, I wouldn't have done it." I see her sympathy through her eyes.

"You didn't know. It's not your fault."

"I'm sorry." I place my hand on top of hers and she smiles at me. I get up and she follows behind.

Wanda has shown improvement within just days. She did what she did, and she apologizes for it. I forgive her for it. Though I'm probably forever traumatized by finding out what happened to my parents and how they died. She's a good person. I see myself hanging out with her the most.

Our attention goes to the doors that swing open reading Natasha and Steve. Steve and I have been close since the day we first kissed. He's an okay kisser which makes me believe that kissing isn't the greatest skill of his. But we can work on that. He looks down at me and smiles. Rhodes, Sam, Vision, Wanda and I round up together. I would never trade these people for anything else. I'm glad to call them my teammates.

"Avengers!" Steve shouts. I smile up at him.

||

"You alright there?" Steve asks as I'm sitting on the new bed I have in this building. He sits down next to me. I watch as the sun settles down in front of me. The windows are huge making me watch everything from out there. The sun is beautiful with its orange and yellow fade.

"I'm just enjoying one of God's amazing works." I say as I continue looking at the sky. I feel his hand swift through my shoulder as he moves a piece of my hair behind my neck.

"You're one of his great works." I turn to look at him and watch as he smiles at me.

Having Steve right beside me has brought me an amount of happiness I never thought I would find. I'm glad I joined on that mission three years ago. I'm glad I helped change the world. I'm glad that I did it beside him.

"You know, you still owe me from that day at Clint's house." I burst into laughter. I notice that he looks at me confused and my laughter dies down. He's joking, right? His expression remains the same, confusion, "You're not kidding."

"I told you I remembered." I smile and throw myself at him. The connection in our lips make me feel soft inside. My stomach tickles with his touch. My heart pounds with every sync we make with our lips. I've never felt more... alive. Happy. Relieved. I'm just glad I'm here.

His hands linger around my waist making my heart go crazy. I've missed out on so much. I've never been intimate with a guy. I've always saved myself for someone who deserves me. Looking at Steve, he's perfect. I will no longer keep myself cooped up and questioning my existence when I have helped save the world with the man in front of me.

And scene:) ty for reading ily ❤️ this book sends me. I like it ngl. I like the ending I brought to it.