Twelve

"Ultron knows we're coming

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him, it's about whether he's right."

Steve's speech is also our plan. He's really great with encouragement, I wish I had that skill. I can barely encourage myself to sleep. It's been tough lately. Those three hours that I've slept with Steve were the best three hours of sleep I've ever had since the death of my parents.

The plan is to take the people of Sokovia out of Sokovia. Ultron is planning with missiles, they need to be from far range so that they don't get hit. If anything, we are. I hope it doesn't come to that, though.

We all exit the Quinjet and head anywhere where there's people. I sing a sweet melody making families follow it outside. I don't always have hace to sexualize my ability, I can use it to lure people to me. And that's exactly what I'm doing. They follow the sound of my voice as I lead them out of the city. I fly around to make sure I have everyone walking out.

Just in, people scream and run around. I look up to see robots flying to the sky and dropping bombs. I fly higher and scream at the robot. It disintegrates, but there's more around. I motion my hands around to have them crash into one another. I try to prevent them from putting their attention to the people below as I want it on me. A couple of them fly towards me and I curl into a ball and break it. I watch as the malfunction and drop. The people below scream as their robotic bodies drop beside them.

More creep out making the mission impossible to handle. These things are distracting. I motion my hands to make the robots crash into buildings, or I tear them apart. I scream at a couple robots that are lined up in front of me making their metal fall apart.

I then hear what sounds like the ground rumbling. I look around towers and buildings begin to shake as their windows break. The people below scream and run around hoping they don't get hit with any rock or shards of glass. The ground behind to crack around as people run far from it so that they don't fall in. I watch as a man tries to leap across as a little girl sticks her hand out for him. But the frack is too wide at this point. I fly to the man and grab the back of his shirt collar and place him down to the other side. He runs to hug the little girl and they look up at me saying their thank you's.

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise only to fall. You Avengers, you are my meteor." With Ultron's words floating around the air, I see the ground rise people are screaming and scared out of their minds. There are still people here that need to get off. I motion my hands and have a couple beings float in the sky and place them down below to safety.

It has come to a point where we're too far up for me to be making the long trips. I try to continue, but the piece of ground is already too far up, it's tiring. I look at the people still left up on the floating... island? They look up to me as I am their only hope of safety. We're too high up, we need like a whole boat to fit these people in.

"My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal." Ultron's voice rings through my ear, the only voice I don't want to hear.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve's final words make my eyebrows scrunch in confusion. Walk it off, who the hell says that?

I found the people in a safe, secluded area so they won't have to come across Ultron's robots. I fly over to where most of the robots are. The more people are scattered around, the more the robots would want to make themselves a threat. I open my mouth and scream, tearing the robots apart.

I feel myself being tackled to the floor from behind. Knowing it's a robot, I fly myself up with all my force and spin around. The robot unattached itself from me and I motion my hands to break it apart.

"Alright, we're clear here." I hear Clint say through the earpiece.

"We're not clear here! We are very not clear!" I hear Steve say as I hear him fight through his line. I fly around to find him as he did sound in a struggle.

"Alright, I'm coming to you." Clint says.

"Dito." I say too. I find Steve smashing a robot with his shield and a couple behind him. I scream, making them fall apart. Steve flinches and then looks up at me. I nod and he nods back. He starts running to a different direction as I keep the fight here.

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute. What do you got, Stark?" Steve asks through the earpiece. I dissemble a couple robots and fly around to find more.

"Huh? Nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface, if you guys can get it clear."

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan."

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're gonna have to make a choice." There is still people up here. If Tony finds a way, what happens to the people? I knew I should have gone faster when placing the people down on normal ground below.

I hear a strange sound, familiar, actually. I look to my left and see something grey float out the clouds. It's huge, it's the base from my first mission. I smile and sigh in relief. Nick Fury, you've done it. I fly down to where Natasha, Pietro, and Steve are. I admire the view of the flying base coming here, it's a flying miracle.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asks.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D's supposed to be." Steve answers.

"This is not so bad."And with that, the base launches shuttles from the side. It comes out way and floats beside us.

"Let's loas them up." Steve says jogging away. I fly behind him and make my way to the people I left behind earlier. I see as they're still hiding where I've placed them to be.

"Come on!" I say waving my arm forward. They come out of their hiding spots and run towards me. I keep my pace normal so that they can catch up easily I watch as them cling onto their loved ones.

We reach the shuttles and they all quickly go over to them. I smile knowing that I saved these people. I mean, I'm not the only who did. We all did. But these people looked up to me as I was fighting off robots for them. I feel proud of myself for doing the job that I came here to do. I wanted to do this, this is what I s Ig bed up for. When S.H.I.E.L.D. fell last year, I felt like my whole career was over, but it wasn't. I moved in with Tony right after in the Stark Tower. I dreaded it for a couple days due to Tony's weird and unusual behavior, but he slowly stopped bothering me less and less as he's always building something. Though I would run into him or Pepper, or him with Pepper, he still ends up annoying me. I don't mind it, I live there for free.

S.H.I.E.L.D. wasn't all had at first, until Steve found out the truth about it. I wasn't involved. I don't like drama and chaos. Though it was my job, I didn't want to go against my peers. The people I trusted were also the people that backstabbed the program. I couldn't pull the trigger on them, I couldn't kill them. I'm glad Nick Fury came with the shuttles. It really shows how last year's events affected him. This is the right thing to do, this is what S.H.I.E.L.D. should have been.

"Avengers, time to work for a living."

Really no Steve in this chapter either sowy again :( I'm still trying to make the story about her. Her life doesn't fully revolve around Steve, not yet.