Nine

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Nick says as he starts putting away the dishes we used. It was best for us to handle the cleaning as Laura prepared a great meal. She's pregnant, she deserves as much rest as possible, especially with 6 dysfunctional beings with abilities.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks as he's leaning on a wall. Steve and I didn't talk much in the living room. More of a checkup. I appreciate it though, I like that he cares.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"Is he still going after the launch codes?"

"Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." I look at Tony in confusion to why he would legitimately do that? How is he still here today? How is he alive past the age of 18? Tony makes me question his existence sometimes.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that."

"Nexus?" Steve questions not knowing it is, I don't even know what it is.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Bruce informs. I take that knowledge and pin it into my head in case it's brought up again. I wish I was as smart as Bruce and Tony, I'd plan world domination with both their intellect combine and make everyone eat Laura's cooking. It was great.

"So, what'd they say?" Clint asks as he's looking at a dart arrow.

"He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Tony asks as a dart flies by his face and goes bullseye on the dart board thrown by Clint.

"Parties unknown."

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asks.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing."

"Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is. I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown." Tony says with his usual remark.

"If Ultron is off radar, what are we supposed to do? I mean, you said it, he has missiles. He can strike any moment if he wanted." I speak up as I rest my arm on the dinner table I'm sitting by. Nick turns to me.

"If he wanted. Meaning he's waiting for the right time, right moment, Little Siren." I growl lowly at the pet name Tony gave me. He has the nerve.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha says jumping in before I say any more to Tony freaking Stark. I glare at him one last time before I look away.