Chapter 1

Harley's POV-

Harley stared at the contact on his phone, finger hovering above the call button.

It had been five years since he'd seen him, but he didn't have anywhere else to go.

He took a shaky breath and pressed call, raising the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" came the familiar voice.

Harley smiled weakly.

"Hey, old man."

------------------------------------------

Tony's POV-

Tony frowned at the vaguely familiar voice that came over the line.

But it was the name that tipped him off. There was only one person who sounded young that called him old man.

"H-harley?" He said, eyes wide.

"Y-yeah, that's me... L-look, I-I know you said only to call in emergencies, and I know I haven't seen you since... You crashed in my garage, but..." Tony could hear a choked back sob come across the line. "I-I need help."

"Of course, kid. What do you need? What happened?" He said.

"M-my mom and sister went on a trip to Texas, to visit one of my aunt's. I couldn't go, but..." Another sob. "The plane lost control and... There weren't any survivors. The bank foreclosed the house, and I-ive been trying to evade CPS. I don't have anywhere else to turn."

Tony was already on his feet, texting Steve with his other phone that he had an emergency to attend to, and texting Happy to have the jet ready in 15 minutes.

"Alright, kid. I'm coming. Go to the garage and stay there. I'll be there in two hours tops." He said.

"Ok." The boy said before the line went silent. Tony pulled the phone away and sighed, before he ran downstairs. He jumped into his Ferrari and sped out towards his private airfield.

-2 hour time skip-

Harley's POV-

He had done exactly as Tony said. So there he was, sat in front of his old garage with his knees curled to his chest. He didn't have much anymore, except for his phone, a backpack full of clothes and necessities, and a wallet that now only had $15 in it.

He heard an engine revving and looked up to see a black and gold Ferrari pulling up. He stood shakily and watched as the mechanic from five years before climbed out.

He knew he looked like a mess. He hadn't been able to shower in 3 weeks, his clothes were all dirty, and his curly blonde hair was matted and tangled. So he wasn't surprised when Tony hesitated.

"Harley?" He said.

Harley gave him a weak smile. "Hey, old man. You're lucky I don't have a potato gun this time." He joked half-heartedly. He watched as Tony moved forward and soon felt his mentor's arms embrace him.

"C'mon, kid. There's a private jet with a shower that has your name on it. And a bed in Avenger's tower that is calling for you."

He just nodded and let himself be guided to the car.

The jet ride home, he spent an hour in the shower, washing weeks worth of grime off. When he emerged, Tony looked up and smiled slightly.

Harley smiled slightly and moved to sit beside him. He sighed and relaxed, laying his head on Tony's shoulder.

"Pepper is drawing up the adoption papers. Me and Steve will be your legal guardians."

Harley just nodded, letting himself fall asleep.

Tony's POV-

Tony felt the boy fall asleep on his shoulder, then pulled up a holoscreen and video called his boyfriend. Pretty soon, Steve Rogers was smiling at him through the screen.

"So we're suddenly becoming parents?" Steve asked.

"Yes. To a 16 year old. Who once tried to shoot me with a potato gun." He sighed. "I know it's fast, but... I can't just let him be on his own. There's a reason I gave him my number, and this was part of why. So that I can be there when he needs help."

"I know, Tones. It'll be alright. We can handle this." Steve reassured.

-time skip-

Harley's POV-

Harley woke to the jet landing. He sat up and yawned. He felt a hand ruffle his hair and he batted at it. He gave Tony a playful scowl as he stood and grabbed his bag.

"C'mon, kid. Steve wants to meet you."

Harley froze.

"Like... Steve Rogers?"

"Yeah. He's my boyfriend, kid."

He nodded. The back of the jet opened and he followed Tony off to meet the blonde super-soldier. Who had a...

Why was there another teenager?

"Hi! I'm Peter Parker!" The short teen said excitedly.

He saw Tony roll his eyes. "Fuck, kid, you've got too much energy."

"Language." Steve said.

"Harley, this is Peter, my personal intern and Spider-Man." Tony said.

Harley brightened. "Wait, you're spiderman?! Dude, that's awesome!" He said happily. "I've always wanted to see your webshooters, and how they work. How pressurized are the capsules?"

Tony looked terrified. "Oh God. What have I done?" He said as Harley and Peter began quickly discussing the spider suit.

Steve patted Tony's back. "Created a friendship, that's what."

Tony sighed.

Harley talked excitedly with Peter as Happy drove them back to the Tower.

When they pulled up, Harley suddenly face palmed. "God, I'm a fucking idiot. I'm Harley, by the way. Harley Keener." He said. Peter grinned and nodded.

"Soon to be Harley Rogers-Stark, remember." Tony reminded him.

He turned and frowned. "As in like, how soon?"

"Most likely, by next week."

Harley nodded and turned back to Peter.

"How'd you meet this old man?"

"Which one, Mr. Stark, or Steve?" Peter asked.

"Why does he get to be Steve, but I'm still Mr. Stark." Tony whined. Peter just smirked.

"That right there is why. And he showed up at me and my aunt's apartment and took me to Germany. Steve, I ended up stealing his shield in Germany and he dropped a aircraft bridge on me."

Harley's eyes widened. "Holy shit- how much can you lift?!"

"Ummm, as I can figure, about 400 tons."

Steve sighed. "I still hate that a teenager can lift more than me."

Tony snorted as Harley grinned.

"I find it interesting. I'll have to watch you train sometime." He said with a wink.

Peter blushed. "U-uh, yeah, sure."

Happy pulled up to the tower and they took the private elevator up to the Avengers floor.

When the doors opened, Harley froze.

Why?

Because every single Avenger was there in the living room, waiting to meet the new addition to the family.

"Holy fucking shit." He breathed.

"Language." Steve said.