Chapter 4

Harley's POV-

It was Thursday morning, and Harley was going to his first day at Midtown. Because of his anxiety issues, the principal had gladly given him a safety net. That safety net was that his schedule perfectly matched Peter's, so he could have someone to ground him. He walked into school with Peter, talking quietly as they walked to their lockers. Ned was there waiting for them as they opened them and put their things away.

"Hey, dude!" Ned said excitedly, doing his handshake thing with Peter before high-fiving Harley. "Dude, Flash isn't here today. He got a one day suspension yesterday in last period!"

Peter grinned. "Yes!"

Harley looked confused. "Who's Flash?"

"The school bully. His number one target is Peter but usually the teachers ignore it since his parents are the biggest contributors and donators for the school." Ned said.

"Thats horrible. Why don't you fight back?"

Peter sighed. "Because if he focuses on me, then he's not bullying someone else. I can take it."

"You shouldn't have to, Peter." He whispered, tapping the back of his hand twice to remind him to breathe. He was sent a grateful smile.

The bell rang and Peter flinched from the pain it caused his enhanced hearing. He motioned for Harley to follow him to their first class, where they sat next to each other.

-time skip-

His first 4 periods were easy, to say the least. Like Peter, he was a genius and knew all the material being taught. He walked to lunch with the brunette and grabbed a tray, sitting with Ned, who immediately gave part of his portion to Peter. Harley frowned.

"Enhanced metabolism. I have to eat more than most anyone." He explained quietly. Harley nodded and gave him his apple.

"That explains why you are three servings of dinner last night." He teased, which made Peter blush and smile sheepishly.

"Whenever we order pizza, usually they have to buy two of three just for me. During school, I have to eat small snacks between each period." He scratched the back of his head with a smile.

"Dude, if I could eat three pizzas by myself, I would." He said as Mj slid in beside Ned, nose still in a book.

"Sup, losers. Hey, Harley."

Peter gasped, fake offended. "So we're losers, but he's just Harley?"

Mj looked up with a cheeky smirk. "Yeah. He hasn't ranted about something nerdy yet, and has already expressed his support of my indifference. He called it cool. So until further notice, he's just Harley." She explained. Harley snorted and laughed as Ned stared at Mj shocked and Peter pouted.

"Thanks, Mj." Harley said through laughs.

-time skip-

Peter's POV-

Friday morning, the science class arrived at school by 7:45. Harley, Ned, Peter, and Mj sat together as the bus drove them back to Harley's house.

"Hey, Penis! You think you could introduce us to Tony Stark! Oh wait, you don't even know him!" He taunted, making him and his goons laugh. Harley scowled and glared.

"Shut up, Flash." He snapped.

"Mr. Rogers-Stark. I will not take bullying on my bus!" Mr. Warren said, but winked and glared at Flash for a second.

"Yes, sir!" Flash had gone pale at the name. He gulped and sat back down.

When they got to the Tower, they were greeted before the security gates by one of the high level interns.

"Good morning, Midtown Science! My name is Emma and I'll be your tour guide! We will be touring the R&D labs, the biology labs, and the Avengers training room where you will be receiving an exclusive lesson on defense. Lunch will be at 12, then we will have a Q&A session with the Avengers themselves!" She said excitedly, which caused the class to cheer. "When I call your name, please come up to receive your badge. Please keep it clipped to your shirt. Remember, there is a strict no reprinting policy, so if you lose it, you will be escorted down to the lobby. Also, please do not take any pictures, or videos. Do not touch anything unless given permission."

After her speech, she started calling out names, leaving two of them out.

Which made Flash grin with victory.

"Miss! Pen- Parker and Harley didn't get any badges! They don't get to come through!" He said.

"They have their own badges, as Mr. Rogers-Stark lives here, and Mr. Parker is Mr. Stark's personal intern and often spends weekends here. You have your badges, boys?" Harley and Peter nodded, pinning on their badges as Flash scowled.

Emma turned and walked through the scanner, scanning her badge.

"Emma Kale, Level Green 1 access, no contraband detected." FRIDAY said, making the class jump in surprise.

"Don't worry, that's FRIDAY, Mr. Stark's. She runs the building." She explained. The class started going through the scanner, then it was Harley's turn.

"Harley Rogers-Stark, Level Gold 1 access, authorized contraband detected. Welcome back, Harley. Captain Rogers and Mr. Stark have been informed of your arrival." FRIDAY chirped, seeming happier about it.

"Thanks, Fri." He said, smirking slightly when he saw the class gaping at him. Flash growled.

"How much did you pay Mr. Warren and the tour lady? You hacked the ai lady too, didn't you?" Flash hissed.

"I can assure you, Harley has not hacked anything or paid anyone." Emma said. "He lives here, and next week is getting adopted by Mr. Stark."

"Peter Parker, Level Gold 1 access, authorized contraband detected. Welcome back, Peter. You have one message from Dr. Banner." FRIDAY said.

Peter was a red blushing mess, as he didn't like having all the attention on him.

"U-uh, thank you, Fri, play it." He stuttered. Harley immediately moved to him and took his hand to ground him.

"Deep breath." Peter heard Harley whisper. He nodded and took a slow breath.

"Hey, Peter, when you get to the biology labs, I'll come meet you. I'm having trouble with one of these equations." Bruce's voice said through the speakers. Peter nodded at that. He saw the entire class gaping at him, including Mr. Warren, who had many times scolded and even punished Peter with detentions for 'spreading lies about a Stark Internship.' Peter sighed.

"I told you guys I had an internship here." He said, which made Harley snort a laugh.

Emma clapped and grinned. "Alright! Let's get started!"