Chapter 5

Peter's POV-

Emma guided them up to the R&D labs, and while they were walking down the hall towards the labs, Peter heard a rustling up in the vents. He sighed and stopped, which made Ned, Mj, and Harley stop as well.

"Clint, I know you're up there." He said. The class turned and looked at him in confusion.

The vent fell open and a black clad figure dropped from it, making one of the girls screech. Clint landed in an easy roll which put him right in front of Peter.

"Hiya, Pete!" Clint said, throwing an arm over his shoulder and grinning. "Hey, Harley!"

"Yes, hello, Clint. Now why are you here?" Peter grumbled, face red with embarrassment.

"Mr. Parker! That is no way to speak to an adult, especially an avenger!" Mr. Warren yelled, but Clint waved him off.

"Nah, he's fine. Steve wanted to know what you guys want for dinner." He said, winking at them. Peter's eyes went wide as he realized Clint was just the beginning.

"Pizza sounds o-ok. Who else are they sending?" Peter stuttered.

"Everyone." Clint said, which made Peter groan and Harley burst out laughing. Clint laughed. "Bye Pete! See you at dinner!" He chirped then hopped up into the vent again and closed it.

"Yeah, I see what you mean now. You're screwed." Ned said. Mj snorted.

"Understatement of the century." She said.

-time skip-

When they made it to the biology labs, Bruce looked up and grinned. "Peter, Harley! Get over here, I need your help." He called to the group. Harley didn't wait for permission, just grabbed Peter's hand and dragged him over to Bruce. That was when Peter noticed Shuri.

"Hey, Peter, how do you defeat Captain America?" She said laughing. Peter grinned.

"I shot em in ze legs because his shield is the size of eh dinner plate and 'e is an idiot." He said in a horrible German accent.

Shuri laughed and hugged him.

Bruce rolled his eyes, then showed Peter the equation as Emma and the class watched.

"Oh, you're missing a negative, and you need to carry the 6 here." He said, grabbing a marker and fixing the equation for him.

"Also, it'll be a less than sign, not a greater than." Harley added. Bruce looked at it then sighed.

"Yeah, you're right... Thanks guys." He said, then shooed them back to their class.

-time skip-

After the biology labs, they headed to the training rooms, where Natasha and Steve were sparring, while Bucky was training. As they walked in, they saw Natasha vault up and onto Steve's shoulders, spinning and taking him to the ground, where she pinned him. He tapped out and she stood.

"Hello, Peter's class." She said. Peter groaned and hid his blushing face in his hands. Steve moved to them and ruffled Harley's hair.

"Hey, pops." Harley said.

"Alright, first, we will be doing a demonstration. Peter, come on up." Nat said. Peter's head shot up.

"No, nononono." He said quickly, but Natasha grabbed his arm and dragged him to the mat.

"Don't hold back, baby spider." She said in Russian.

"Fine." Peter said back. Steve started the match. 

The match lasted for a few minutes, Peter easily holding his own, until he suddenly grabbed Nat's wrist and twisted her around, his strength overpowering her as he slammed her to the ground and planted his knee into her back.

"What the hell, Parker?!" Flash yelled. Harley just grinned and whooped as they stood. When Peter went back to the group, Flash hissed in his ear.

"How many fucking dicks did you have to suck to get them to do this, huh? You're just an orphan boy, they wouldn't want you." He hissed. Harley scowled and motioned Steve over, whispering something in his ear. Steve's eyes went dark and he moved to Bucky, relaying the message.

Flash suddenly paled when the Winter Soldier spun and glared at him.

"Son, I should tell you, we don't tolerate bullying. Especially of Peter and his friends." Steve said. "Mr. Barnes will be escorting you out to the lobby."

Bucky moved forward and snatched Flash's security card, crushing it before dragging him out. Peter sighed.

"Steve, you didn't have to do that..." He said awkwardly.

"Yes, I did. Even if it wasn't to you, I still would have sent him out." Peter hung his head at that, and Harley moved to his side, taking his hand and squeezing gently. "Go on up to the living room. Go relax."

"Sir, I-i can't let them leave the group." Mr. Warren said.

"Yes you can." Tony said as he stepped into the room. "Me and Steve are Harley's legal guardians, so we can pull him from the tour. This is a note from Peter's aunt giving him leave. So yes, we will be taking him. Come on, boys." 

Harley nodded and walked with Peter over to Tony, stepping into the elevator. Tony turned and looked at Peter. "How long has he been bullying you?" He asked firmly. Peter's eyes went down to his feet.

"S-since I started highschool..." He whispered. 

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Cause if he only bothered me, that meant no one else was getting hurt. I would have fought back once I got my powers, but... that would have caused suspicion as to why the skinny nerdy kid could suddenly fight back against the jock. It was my way of protecting my classmates, I guess. Another way to look out for the little guy." He looked up to see Harley give him a reassuring smile. He blushed slightly and looked down. 

"Well, if he bothers you again, you tell me." Tony ordered. "Also, now that you aren't part of the tour, how would you feel about Spiderboy joining the Avengers Q&A?"