Chapter 3

Peter's POV-

Peter walked into the school and met Ned at his locker, who immediately pounced on him with the burning question.

"Who's the guy?" Ned asked. Peter's face flushed red and he fiddled with his fingers

"H-his names Harley... Mr. Stark and Steve are adopting him because his family passed. Mr. Stark apparently met him a few years ago." He stuttered. Flash laughed as he passed.

"Really, penis?! You still going on about that lie? Just fess up already. At least before the field trip to Avengers tower!" He yelled tauntingly. Peter's eyes widened.

"Shoot, I forgot that was this Friday! God, I'm so screwed..." He groaned.

Ned patted his shoulder gently. "Yeah, maybe, but you can prove him wrong!"

-time skip-

Harley's POV-

Harley walked into Peter's school with Tony so he could get enrolled. It was the end of the school day, so people were whispering and muttered in confusion as to why some random kid was with Tony Stark in their school.

"Well, he should be good to go! Also, please sign this, as our school has a field trip to Avengers tower this Friday and we need guardian permission." Principal Morita said. Tony signed it and smiled. "Go find Peter, kid. His class should have just gotten out." He said. Harley nodded and began to wander the halls.

When he saw the familiar brown hair, he smiled. "Peter!" He called, noticing the boy and girl he was with. The girl had her nose in a book with a bored expression, while the other boy was talking animatedly. At the sound of his name, Peter turned and grinned.

"Hey, Harley!" He called as the tall blonde made his way through the crowd to them. Mj looked up at the name and smirked at Peter, making him blush.

"Dad just enrolled me. And signed the slip or whatever so I can go on the field trip thingy." He said.

"Dude, you call Tony Stark dad! That's awesome!" Ned said. Harley looked at him.

"He's had a lot of names, this is one of many." He said with a smile. "I'm Harley." He slid his hand down and gripped Peter's, feeling a bit claustrophobic from the crowd.

"I'm Ned, that's Michelle, but if you call her anything but Mj, expect a book to be lobbed at your head. Ow!" He said excitedly. Mj had swatted his arm with the book, then just opened it and started reading again. Harley chuckled.

"Come on, Tony's waiting for us at the car." He tugged Peter's hand and pulled him out as the boy waved goodbye to his friends. He slid into the backseat. The partition between the front and back was already up, so when he and Peter were in, he knocked. The car started moving soon after. Harley glanced down at their hands and smiled.

"Just a gut feeling, but are you bi?" He asked suddenly. Peter looked startled.

"Uh, yeah. You?"

"Pan." He said.

"Ah." Awkward silence fell between them. Harley sighed and yawned, settling his head onto Peter's shoulder.

"Wake me up when we get there." He muttered and fell asleep.

Peter's POV-

When he felt Harley fall asleep, he blushed and fiddled with his hand nervously. He heard the partition go down and looked up to see Tony watching them through the mirror.

"You'll be good for each other, underoos. He's been through a lot." He commented, which made Peter blush more.

"U-uh, y-yeah."

-time skip-

That evening, Harley felt a bit lonely. Peter had gone back to his apartment with May, and he didn't feel comfortable enough yet to hang around the avengers without him yet. So here he was, just sitting on his bed staring at nothing.

He sighed. "FRIDAY, can you play Fix You by Coldplay?"

"Of course, Harley."

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

Harley sang along with it, angelic voice mixing with the singers. His eyes closed as he remembered the lyrics.

When the tears come streaming down your face
Cause you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Losing his family had shattered him. His voice cracked slightly as he sang, a single tear falling from his left eye.

Light will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Harley couldn't help but imagine it being Peter who was singing this two him. That Peter was the one who would be there. He hoped that would be the case.

But high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it show
But if you never try, you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Light will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Peter's POV-

Peter was perched on top of a building in his suit, watching for crime when KAREN spoke up.

"Peter, FRIDAY has requested that you watch this live feed." Peter frowned

"Ok, put it on."

Peter watched and listened as Harley sang and cried. When the song finished, KAREN cut the feed.

Peter couldn't think of much else as he patrolled. Around 3 am, he finished and asked KAREN if Harley was asleep. He smiled and swung to the tower, landing silently on Harley's window. He webbed a message onto it.

Harley's POV-

Harley woke to his alarm, telling him to get ready for school. He looked to the window and saw a message waiting for him.z

"I will try to fix you. -Spiderman"

Harley smiled and took a picture, setting it as his phone wallpaper.

"Thank you, Peter Parker." He whispered to the empty room. "Maybe that's all I need."