Chapter 11

May and Peter have moved into the tower.

Two months later, Peter was laying in bed half-hoping everyone would forget his birthday. He didn't like celebrating it. He didn't want people... praising him, didn't want all the attention.

Of course, with his luck, that wasn't gonna happen.

Harley turned over in their bed and hugged his waist.

"Happy birthday, baby." He whispered, kissing the side of his neck. Peter sighed but smiled anyway and snuggled into him.

"Thanks, Harls." He turned and kissed him gently. "Thank goodness it's summer break, cause I don't wanna get up." He whispered.

"We can stay in bed for a little longer, love." Harley said, turning onto his back and pulling Peter's smaller form onto his chest. He stroked his hair lovingly.

They stayed in bed in silence for another half hour, just enjoying each others company. Peter rubbed small circles into Harley's chest and smiled. Harley pulled him up and stroked the skin around the teens arc reactor. Peter shivered at the touch and smiled, sighing happily. The blonde smiled and kissed the reactor softly before sitting up.

"Ok, now we need to get up." He said, which made Peter groan. The brunette still climbed out of bed and pulled on some sweatpants before grabbing Harley's hoodie and yanking it on. Harley laughed at how grumpy he seemed and stood, getting a t-shirt and sweatpants on. "Alright, mr. grumpy, lets go get some breakfast." He teased, ruffling his hair and guiding him to the kitchen.

Peter was about to pull the carton of eggs out, but he was pulled away and lifted by the waist. He squeaked as he was carried to the kitchen island and sat on the counter.

"Nope. Today's about you, so I'm cooking today." Harley said, kissing his cheek before moving to the stove. 

"Harley, I don't want all the attention... I-I know it's my birthday but, I don't want today to be different than any other day." Peter said. Harley paused and looked back at him frowning. 

"Baby, you're 17 now. I know you don't like the attention, but we aren't going to ignore it. Today is about you whether you like it or not." He moved back to the brunette, who was hanging his head with his eyes closed. He placed two fingers beneath the boys chin and made him look up.  "I love you, Peter." He whispered, able to see the insecurity and anxiety in his eyes.

"I-I don't l-like the attention. I-I'm just P-peter, I-I don't w-want people... you know." Peter whispered. Harley framed his face gently, wiping the tears from the corner of his eyes. He caressed his cheeks soothingly as the brunette sniffled.

"We love you, Peter. I love you. We want you to feel loved." He said softly. One hand trailed down his neck to his chest, resting over the reactor. "All this anxiety, all this insecurity... It's not true. You are the strongest, bravest, most selfless person I've ever met. You risk yourself every night for people you've never met. You need to realize how strong you are. How important you are to us. I don't think I could survive without you. A lot of us wouldn't be able to. You're my whole world, Peter. You are everything to me." 

Peter watched him, listening with wide eyes. He began to sob, throwing his arms around Harley's neck and hugging him tightly. Harley wrapped his arms around him, rubbing his back soothingly. He cried into his neck as the blonde whispered loving things into his ear.

"Morning- Oh, is he ok?" Natasha said worriedly, rushing to them. Harley looked at her and nodded.

"He's ok." He whispered. Peter sniffled and pulled back, wiping his face.

"Y-yeah, I'm ok." He said weakly. "God, Harls, I didn't know you w-were so sentimental." Harley chuckled and kissed him softly.

"Yeah, yeah. Now, relax and don't worry about today." He said gently. Peter nodded and sat back on the counter as Natasha hugged him. 

"Happy birthday, Peter." She said, kissing his hair.

"Thank you, Aunt Nat." He said.

As people trickled into the kitchen, they all wished him happy birthday. He was mostly watching his boyfriend cook, smiling with a lovesick look in his eyes. Once everyone was in the kitchen, Harley turned and carried the large platter of pancakes to the table. They began to dig in while he moved to the counter and picked Peter up, carrying him to the table and sitting down with him in his lap. Peter giggled and leaned into him. Harley filled his plate for him.

"Eat, doll." He said. Peter nodded and ate quietly.

Peter was glad that people didn't make a big deal about his birthday throughout the day. It was about 4 pm and he was in bed reading when Harley stepped in.

"Alright, I have an hour to dress you up. Get up, doll." He said. Peter frowned.

"Dress me up? For what?" He said as he closed his book and looked at him.

"For your birthday party." He said, moving to the closet and pulling out a hanging package. He hummed then smirked, laying the package out on the bed and grabbing a scarf. "Come here, I'm gonna blindfold you." 

Peter frowned worriedly but moved to him and let himself be blindfolded. His spider senses made him fully aware of what was going on around him, and where Harley was. He heard Harley move behind him and felt him pulling at his shirt. Peter lifted his arms and let him be undressed. He felt Harley pull what felt like a dress shirt onto him.

After a few minutes of Harley working, Peter felt the blindfold loosen around his eyes. It fell away and he gasped as he saw himself in the mirror.

He had a black dress shirt on, the top two buttons undone, with a maroon suit that was covered in delicate white embroidered webs. It fit him perfectly.

"Oh-oh my god!" Peter said, covering his mouth. Harley smiled and hugged his waist from behind.

"Do you like it?" He whispered, kissing his cheek gently.

"Harley, it's-it's incredible!" Peter said, spinning and hugging him tightly. "Thank you."

"Alright, alright, we've still got work to do, doll." He said, tugging him to the bathroom

By the time their hour passed, Harley had styled Peter's hair and had picked out a pair of black suede shoes for him to wear. He had changed into a dark blue suit with a white dress shirt. Peter sniffled happily and hugged him.

"Thank you, love. This is all so amazing." He whispered.

"We're just getting started, love. Come on." He guided him out and to the common room. Peter gasped as they stepped in to see his entire Avengers family together, dressed formally.

"Wha-what's going on?" He asked. Tony just smiled and held up his car keys.

"You'll see."