foreword

× synopsis ×

Once upon a time, Kaylee was happy. Once upon a time, she had everything; a loving family and numerous friends.

But that was long ago, back when her life was a fairytale. Now all remnants of her fairytale were in the depths of her dreams, where she'd travel to everytime she falls asleep, where her life was still a fairytale.

Then one day, golden boy Gabriel appears in her dreams and speaks the three words she had never expected from him,

❝I am suicidal.❞

× epigraph ×

❝Beneath every melancholic soul lies one brimming with past radiance.❞

× author's note ×

hello lovely reader, i am felicia, the author of this story and i'm excited to bring this project to you!

this story is written for the open novella contest 2020, under prompt 4 and 15.

4. When something tragic happens, it's often said we lose a piece of ourselves. How far would you go to find these lost parts of yourself in order to be whole again?

15. "How can you prove that at this moment whether we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?" - Plato

(^ i'm not very sure what's the meaning of prompt 15, but i am writing what i assume)

hopefully, i'll be able to reach 20,000 words by april.

please point out any mistakes you find, i'll only briefly scan through my drafts!

please remember to vote, comment, share and follow to support me :)

luv ya x

*note from future: just a warning that this book isn't the best, the flow isn't too great so i believe that's why i didn't make the longlist*

× copyrights ×

All Rights Reserved © 2020. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior permission of Copyright owner.

× disclaimer ×

The characters depicted in this story are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, either living or dead, is purely coincidental.

× warning ×

this story mentions themes of depression, suicide, self harm and substance abuse. if you are not comfortable with these topics, please do not read on.

× achievements ×

• Round Two qualifier of the Open Novella Contest III •

× timeline ×

start 04.02.20
end 05.05.20

× total word count ×

35,843