10 | stop; wake

^ above is Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia

ugh, it's so hard to update everyday. online classes take up so much of my time that i barely have any to edit much less write.

× × ×

"KAYLEE!" AS I staggered into the school building clutching my bag that was heavy as a deadweight, I heard a holler from behind me.

Skidding to a stop, I turned to see Sophie flailing her hand enthusiastically as she waved, her other hand clasping onto a small stack of books.

"Hey!" she called out once again, her steps quickening towards me.

"Hi," I greeted back shyly, moving away from the entrance to allow other students to flow through.

She approached me, panting like a dog as she gave me an awkward crooked grin. "Sooo, how's the weather today?" she blurted out, seemingly unsure of a good conversation starter and ended up picking the most cliché one.

I chuckled at her feeble attempt and when her own words registered in her mind, a deep blush stained her cheeks. "Oh my gosh, that was so lame," she groaned, rubbing her cheeks with the back of her hands.

"I think the weather is-" I took a glance up at the clear, dark blue sky. "- quite okay I guess."

"My, isn't the weather just wonderful? Perfect time for tea, don't you agree?" Sophie mused in a posh accent, feigning the action of holding a tea cup and downing imaginary tea.

I fought to suppress a smile, but failed when it exploded over my face. I had to admit, Sophie's dramatic behaviour was pretty amusing.

"I think the most important tea to drink at the moment is the voice of the teacher," I said, feeling a malice grin ride up my lips as I watched her face fall at my words, "So that means we should get to class."

She groaned and stuck out her bottom lip in a pout, punching me lightly on the shoulder. "Such a spoilsport, hmph," Sophie huffed. "Anyway, what's your first lesson?"

"Um, English?"

Her mouth feel open as her eyes widened in surprise.

I stared at her, feeling awkwarded by her intense stare. "What?"

She shook her head, blinking repeatedly as if I had pulled her out of her trance. "Nothing, it's just that I didn't realise we had the same first class together. Wait, scratch that, I think the only lesson I know I share with you is art 'cause you're always there to flaunt your skills," she babbled, her legs moving as she walked into the school.

I kicked my feet against the concrete flooring and caught up to her, chest heaving heavily. "You need to slow down if you want me to catch up to you," I said between pants.

Sophie's strides instantly slowed as she casted me an apologetic grin. "Sorry, it's a habit. Hey, you wanna sit together for English?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

Her eyes glimmered with excitement. "How many other classes do you think we share?"

It turned out that the two of us were actually in quite a lot of shared classes without us realising it. We only didn't share about three classes, but other than that we've been together for the rest.

Even during lunch, Sophie had clung to me, which received a lot of surprised stares from all the students that noticed, because I was known to never make new friends after I had gone down with depression. Well, except for Gabriel of course, but nobody talked about that in fear of spiteing a popular.