Chapter 4: Friends and Reunions

'Argh......' Sandy groaned as he got up. He couldn't remember anything that happened, and his head felt like it was going to burst open anytime.

'Where on earth am I......' The sleepy boy muttered as he stood up and looked around. All he could see were blackish-purple walls and a mossy door with a golden doorknob. A small wave of claustrophobia was starting to hit him.

'Huh,' Sandy murmured to himself as he walked over to the door and tested the doorknob. It opened up immediately. The door creaked loudly as it swayed open.

The hallway of the unknown building was weird. There were many doors, but they all looked ancient as though they could crumble any time now. The wooden walls were as black as night, and the floorboards creaked under Sandy's footsteps. Weird pots and vases were placed on racks, and every now and then Sandy could hear whispers and cries coming from the seemingly-ancient artifacts.

'Whoever lives here must have intense insomnia,' Sandy shuddered as his next few steps sent loud creaks echoing through the halls.

Suddenly, Sandy heard a low groan coming from the other end of the hallway. He stopped walking.

'Hello?' Sandy raised his voice as he turned around.

The hallway was very dark, for it had no windows nor any powerful lights, and it only had very dim lamps hanging from the ceiling. Sandy looked into the looming shadows, wondering whether he just had a hallucination.

Just then, he heard a loud creak, followed by another. And another. Along with the creaks were thunderous footsteps that seem to come from one giant monster.

Sandy was starting to be afraid. He was in an unknown area, and creepy things were already starting to happen. He knew that if this was all just a dream, then the real world would be even more monstrous than the worst nightmare.

Mustering up all his courage, Sandy took out a a handful of starry sand from his sack, and he blew it into the air.

The sand shimmered and shined as it spread out and stuck onto the walls as though it was glitter with glue. The starry light illuminated the hallway so that Sandy could barely see what was coming towards him.

And when he saw it, he nearly screamed.

A Frankenstein monster who was wearing head muffs and wielded a giant metal hammer was standing in front of him.

'Nice zombie......' Sandy muttered as he backed away in fear. 'Don't attack me please......'

The monster looked at him, confused. Then, he laughed in his weird monotonous voice.

'Frank no attack people,' He spoke. He raised out his arm, signalling Sandy to shake it. 'Frank make new friends. What boy name?'

Sandy couldn't believe his eyes and his ears. This stranger was a giant zombie who was possibly stronger than the most powerful sandstorm, and he's making friends with him.

'S-S-Sandy,' Sandy stuttered. 'My n-name is Sandy M-Mysterie.'

'Hello, Sandy,' Frank greeted cheerfully.

Sandy looked around. The whole hallway didn't seem so scary after that.

'Frank, can you tell me where the exit is, please?' Sandy asked politely.

Frank smiled. 'Exit there,' He replied as he pointed towards a door that was just down the hallway in the direction of where Sandy was heading earlier.

'Thank you,' Sandy thanked gratefully as he shook Frank's hand and bolted to the end of the hallway.

After what seemed like eternity to Sandy, he finally reached the door. He opened it and dashed out of the building, and soon realised that it was a mortuary.