Chapter 11: Inferno

Tara's screams and howls pierced through the air like sharp claws as her body trembled rapidly.

'Tara!' Sandy screamed as he tried to run towards sister, only to be held back by Mortis and Gene. 

'It's too dangerous!' Mortis shouted. 'She could attack you!' 

'Tara!' Sandy shouted again. 'What- what's happening?! Can't I help-' 

Tara looked up. Blood trickled down like tears from her darkening indigo eyes. The shadows that covered her and made up her form started to become darker than the void. 

'Sandy......' Tara whispered with a dying cry, her voice becoming more and more distorted. 'Do... Something....... Kill-' 

Tara's presence completely collapsed, and malice now shone in the new monster's eyes. Eyes that were cold and menacing, eyes that shone like bloody, amethyst jewels. 

Darkron. 

'Finally......' The evil monster growled, his voice like knives scraped against the cold, hard earth. 'That stupid girl has died......' 

Sandy couldn't believe his ears. 

Died?!?!

Sure, Sandy knew that to break the connection between Tara and Darkron, they had to kill Tara, but hearing that his sister had already drowned in the darkness of this monster was too hard to not believe. 

Tara is dead. And she would remain dead forever.

But Mortis, on the other hand, didn't react to Darkron's words as much as Sandy. In fact, his eyes seemed to glow with a dangerous light, his lips curling up into an eerie smile. 

'And you shall find your place in the Underworld after this battle,' He challenged. 

Darkron growled. 'Don't taunt me, you flimsy bat!' He snarled. 'I'll make sure that I end all of you with my very own magic!' 

Darkron went into a battle stance and pounced almost immediately. 

'Watch out!' Sandy shouted as he summoned his attack and flung the sand at Darkron, but the starry glitter in the earth burned out as it touched onto Darkron's void-black body. 

'No light can extinguish me!' Darkron cackled as he disappeared into the shadows. 

'He's Shadow Walking again,' Mortis hissed, his shovel raised well. 'Be care-' 

Shut up and look behind you!!! Gene screamed. 

Mortis and Sandy immediately turned around to the sight of their genie friend creating a shield of bright smoke. Darkron's claws pierced through the shield easily, but Gene dodged out of the way in time. 

You killed my friend!! Gene screamed as he summoned a smoke blast stronger than the rest and shot it at Darkron head on. 

Darkron smiled as he slashed at the smoke blast, destroying it. 'And you shall meet her in the world of death soon, my old friend,' He cackled and pounced once again. 

Gene dodged and Mortis took the opportunity to attack, but Darkron disappeared again. 

Sandy looked around. The almost-destroyed buildings of Brawl Town were all around them. If only...... 

'I know what to do,' Sandy murmured. 

Mortis and Gene looked at him in disbelief. 'What?' 

Sandy pointed towards the buildings. 'I'll be the end of this stupid monster,' He growled, his eyes glowing like the night stars.