Chapter 5: Secrets Unrevealed

WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO???!!! Gene hollered, his purplish face becoming paler by the passing seconds.

Mortis sighed. 'We can't do anything else,' He muttered gravely. 'Their fates have been intertwined. There's nothing we could do to unbind that.'

But Darkron-

'We can't avoid him anymore,' Mortis interrupted. 'When he comes, we'll fight.'

Fight. Yeah, right. Gene snorted. As if we could beat an ancient shadow monster without dying.

'It's our only choice, either we fight or we die,' Mortis grumbled.

Great. Gene moaned. It means that we're going to die.

'Shut up now,' Mortis muttered. 'We've a long week ahead of us.'

Yeah, I guess so. Gene sighed. Goodnight.

______

11th of September

'So, how was your game of Bounty?' Nita asked Sandy and Tara after the brawl.

Sandy yawned. 'I guess it was okay,' He murmured. 'Just so many stars......'

'Stars are all over the place whenever you're in a match,' Tara joked, though her voice sounded stressed for an unknown reason.

Whatever it was, Nita didn't realise that.

'Hey, wanna join duo?' Nita asked Sandy. 'I mean, with your range and persistency matched up with my damage and range and the bear, we could be a pretty good comp.'

'Don't forget the sandstorm,' Sandy added. 'Supercell said that they'll give me my first Star Power when I get to........' He yawned loudly '...... Sorry for the yawn. I meant that they'll give it to me when I get to 400 trophies.'

Tara didn't seem to exist in the conversation anymore.

'Allow me to excuse myself for a while,' Tara suddenly spoke up.

Before Nita or Sandy could reply, Tara had sprinted off towards the mine shafts.

Tara was running so fast, she nearly sent Carl - who was just recently rebuilt and resurrected - spiraling down the mine shaft.

'For lava's sake! What was that for?!' Carl screamed.

'Sorry,' Tara simply muttered as she continued to dash through the tunnels, overturning one mine cart filled with purple gems in the process.

The mystic just kept running. And running.

She didn't realise the little boy that was following her all this time.

At one point, the tracks had already been cut off, but Tara didn't care. The more ancient the tunnels, the closer she knew she was.

Ignoring all the fallen gems and closed-off entrances, Tara continued to run.

Purple rock faded into brown granite, and the walls started to look more and more dark.

Tara still didn't stop.

Finally, she reached a cave that has been blocked off by violet-coloured metal boards. With the touch of her cards, the metal boards melted into nowhere, and Tara entered the cave.

'Found ya,' Tara muttered under her breath as she took off her bandages.

Tara had reached a cave where the gem stones glowed off a weird blue and red. In the center of the cave was a weird hole that lead to a purplish void. Tarot cards, crystal balls, golden rings and all kinds of other weird stuff were scattered across the cave floor.

'Where is it......' Tara murmured as she searched through some of the items. 'I remember it was here-'

'Sister Tara.'

'HOLY SHADOWS!!!' Tara screamed as she turned around and flung nine tarot cards in one go. 'Who the-'

'Whoa! Relax!' Sandy shouted back as he ducked and dodged the flying cards. 'It's just me!'

'Sandy?!' Tara shrieked. She tried to steady her breathing. 'What're you doing here?!'

'Nothing!' Sandy lied. 'Just got lost. That's all.'

'How could you even get lost till you end up here?' Tara asked.

'Erm......' Sandy scratched his head. 'I dunno.'

Tara sighed. 'Look, Sandy. Even if you're my brother, you shouldn't suddenly follow and stalk me without my knowing.'

'Fine! Jeez, I just learned that I had an older sister last week, and now she's hiding secrets from me......'

'That's because these are ancient and dangerous secrets!' Tara screamed at Sandy. She'd completely lost her cool and mysterious attitude now. 'Leave me alone, brother!'

The look on Tara's face was dangerously murderous and cursed. And deadly. Sandy gulped.

'Okay...' Sandy murmured as he turned and left.

Tara sighed as the glow from her dark scars faded away.

'I'm sorry, Sandy,' Tara whispered under her breath when Sandy was out of her sight. 'I didn't want to let you know about Darkron.'

Tara turned back towards the items on the floor, unaware that a sandstorm has been summoned outside the cave.

______

'No way,' Tara stuttered.

'We're going to that realm now,' Colt informed the Brawlers at Town Hall. The sun was setting to the end of the 14th of September. 'Three weeks or so was enough for us to prepare. Shelly, Bo, Bull, Primo, Rosa, Poco and I are going to the Identity V realm to find Bibi.'

'But didn't Rosa just come back?' Nita asked. 'From the dead?'

The boxing botanist laughed. 'Chompers sped up my resurrection when it grown the ivy around my body,' She said. 'Gave me the power and health I should have once Mortis finished the ritual.'

'Can we go too?' Leon asked.

'Well, it is dangerous-'

'These two kids are coming with me,' Crow growled. 'No one's stopping me from finding Bibi, and no one's gonna go against me. Samuras, get ready.'

Nita and Leon gave Crow grateful looks.

'Well, what about the others?' Barley asked. 'What're we to do?'

'You guys keep Brawl Town safe as well as keeping the unconscious Brawlers safe,' Colt ordered. 'Who knows when would Cyria and the Evils attack once again.'

'Good luck,' Sandy yawned. 'Though I don't know who this Bibi person is, nor do I know what is Identity V.'

Tara just gulped. 'May the spirit of Brawl Town be with you,' She whispered.

Colt nodded his head. 'Alright,' He spoke. 'Let's go.'

The grouped up Brawlers stepped onto the orange platform, which still glowed despite how busted the town already was.

'Oletus Manor, Identity V realm.'

The orange light enveloped the team of Brawlers, and they disappeared when the light died.

Sandy was still staring at the platform in awe when the other Brawlers left.

Tara shook his arm. 'C'mon, Sandy,' She told him. 'It's time for rest.'

Sandy closed his jaw. 'Right,' He muttered. 'To sleep perchance... To dream......'

Tara pushed the sleepy boy all the way to the Robo City. Laying him down on the floor in the building, she herself then went to the top floor.

'Darkron,' Tara whispered, the cold wind howling through the night as it ruffled her long, violet hair. 'I'm sensing your arrival.'