Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Gaston's POV

Time Skip... A Week Later...

     Today Adam presented me with an achievement certificate at the end of class because I've been attending sessions every day for a week now and have been making steady progress in my demeanor. It's cheesy but I'm proud of the fact that I earned this certificate. I put it on display on a bulletin board in my room. I hang it up with a tack and smile at it. A quiet knock on my door snaps me out of my trance a moment later. "Come in", I say rather loudly. Lefou smiles bashfully at me. "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything. I just wanted to come say hi. I know you've been attending classes alone the past couple of days to test the waters between you and Adam a bit more. How has everything been going?" 

       I smile sincerely at him. "Classes have been going really well. Adam is slowly beginning to trust me. He's still a little hesitant at times but I can't blame him there. Look up at my bulletin board though." Lefou looks up at the bulletin board, reads my certificate, and grins back at me. "You earned an achievement certificate, that's amazing Gaston! Great job!" I grin back at him. "Thank you Lefou. We all know that I wouldn't have done it without you though. You're the reason why I have that certificate, the reason why I'm not in prison, and the reason why I'm still alive." He frowns a bit. "Gaston, I don't like to think about hypothetical bad things happening to you... It makes me depressed." 

         I put my hands up in surrender. "I'm sorry Lefou. I know I'm not the best with my words but you understand the general point I'm trying to convey. A lot of my success is because of you. You are the sole reason why everyone in this castle isn't spitting in my food or trying to murder me in my sleep." He sighs but nods in agreement, muttering "I suppose so" under his breath, just loud enough where I can hear it. A moment of silence passes before I break it as I study his face. He looks exhausted. "Lefou, you look exhausted. Come rest." He blushes. "I-I can do so in my own bed a-across the hall." I wave his embarrassment away. "Nonsense, this bed is big enough for the both of us. Come join me, please." I pat the spot next to me and he throws his body down onto the bed full force. 

          "Thank you Gaston." I smile at him. "You're welcome Lefou." Lefou falls asleep within minutes and I watch him sleep for a bit before I wind up falling asleep myself. I did close the door and put a do not disturb sign up so that no one would bother me... well us since Lefou is now sleeping in my bed with me. My nap becomes the best one I've had in a long time. Lefou tosses and turns occasionally in his sleep but he isn't a snorer. I'm not a snorer either so our slumber is very peaceful. My dreams are rather pleasant too, with Lefou appearing in several of them even. This could be a sign of something... but of what... that's the real question. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary