Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Lefou's POV

 With both Adam and Gaston's blessings, I make a solo trip into the village today to grab the last few belongings that Gaston and I want before our cottages go up for sale. We both have a buyer for our cottages and made a decent amount of money of the sales. I know for certain though that I'll get many stares from the villagers. Anyone who has a problem with Gaston and/or myself will gladly have up close view of my engagement ring. I'm proud to show it off because I'm about to marry the man I love most. 

      As soon as I enter the village square, that's when the whispers and stares increase tremendously. I flash my engagement ring to the point where some people roll their eyes and/or hiss at me. I snort, serves them right. They bashed my true love and I, but yet look how our lives improved for the better. When I unlock my cottage, I soak it all in. This is the last time that I'll be inside of the place that I called home for a majority of my life. It's surreal honestly but I know that this change feels so right. 

      I bag up a few more articles of clothing, photographs, books, and little trinkets. I fill up two duffel bags before taking one last photograph from inside of the cottage on my camera (which is hanging around my neck as we speak) before locking up the cottage and handing the keys over to the realtor. "I hope the buyer treats this place well. This cottage was special to me and I hope it continues to stay in great shape." The realtor nods with a polite smile and shakes my hand before going in himself to inspect the cottage. I make my trek back to the castle. The sun is beginning to set and I make it back just in time before it's completely dark. Gaston is standing in the doorway ready to help me bring our things upstairs. Fun fact, Gaston kept his most meaningful possessions at my place. I didn't entirely understand why but I never questioned it either. 

       We unload our things together in a peaceful silence, him putting his belongings in his room and me putting my belongings in my room. In case you were wondering, we take turns sleeping together in one another's rooms. We both have king sized beds that can get lonely at times. We make due though and get by most nights just fine. As I've put away all of my belongings and Gaston having done the same, we grabbed every single thing that we felt was necessary to have. I'm glad we didn't forget anything meaningful. I even wrote a list out and reviewed it three times so I wouldn't miss a beat. We then collapse into my bed and begin making up for lost time... if you know what I mean *insert a thousand winks* 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary