Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Lefou's POV

 That night...

  I'm having one of those restless nights and I'm touch starved right now despite being sick/not wanting to get Gaston sick. I also burst into yet another coughing fit that's loud enough to wake up Gaston. I know his footsteps by heart as he quietly enters my room. "Lefou, are you alright sweetheart?" I blush as he calls me one of my favorite pet names. "Y-Yeah, I-I'm just coughing a lot again. The cough syrup is beginning to wear off and I'm having trouble sleeping. I didn't mean to wake you." He plops down into bed next to me and feels my forehead that's dripping with sweat. "Lefou, you're quite warm. Can I take your temperature?" I nod. "I'll be right back with a thermometer." He quietly heads downstairs to not only grab a thermometer but some more cough syrup and water too. 

        He comes back upstairs a few minutes later with everything in hand. He puts the cough syrup and water down on my bedside table so he can take my temperature. I can do it myself but I find it endearing that he wants to do it. I watch my temperature go up and panic internally. It reaches 101 before it finally beeps. Gaston and I both frown. "Well Lefou, sadly you have a fever on top of your cold my love. I think I'm going to ask Adam to give me a break from classes for a couple of days so I can take care of you. I want you to get better as quickly as possible." I sigh. "Are you sure? I don't want to interrupt your business love." He looks at me seriously. "You are my top priority and I am going to take care of you. I'm going to write Adam a note and stick it on the door to his room. If he doesn't get to it first, I'm sure Belle will."

         Gaston motions for me to sit up straight for a moment so I can digest the cough syrup and water properly. When it's digested, I give him a tired smile and squeeze his hands. "I adore you Gaston. You treat me so well and I'm so lucky to have you in my life still, but now as my boyfriend which is even better than before." Gaston kisses me on the forehead. "The feeling is mutual my dear Lefou. Just let me write this note real quick, stick it on his door, and I'll be all yours for the next couple of days." I watch Gaston write the note, sign it, and quietly step out one more time. He comes back about fifteen minutes later. "I'm sorry it took so long, Adam's room is a ways down in the castle. The man sure does value his privacy." 

         I laugh tiredly. "Yeah he sure does." My eyes begin to droop. "G-Gaston, I'm tired." He runs his fingers through my hair to soothe me. "I know you are my love. Feel free to fall asleep at any time. You need your rest." I'm asleep again within fifteen minutes thanks to Gaston soothing me and tending to my needs so well. I'm determined for this man to eventually go from being my boyfriend to being my fiance to being my husband. My heart flutters at the very thought. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary