Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Gaston's POV

 The next day...

  Lefou's fever has gone done slightly but he's still quite sick. Adam received my note and didn't object to me wanting to take care of my wonderful boyfriend. Everyone in the castle loves Lefou, not a single soul hates him. That warms my heart because even though I could care less whether or not everyone likes me, he deserves to be liked by everyone. Belle even brought up a bowl of soup for him earlier this afternoon before she went off to the library to read. She even offered to bring me some but I haven't had much of an appetite the last couple of days, which is shocking considering that I used to practically live off of eggs.

         I can't believe that I used to actually eat five dozen eggs a day. I understand eggs are healthy and all, but even I'm beginning to feel that five dozen a day is excessive. I'm going to cut back on my egg intake from here on out. I stare at my Lefou adoringly while he sleeps. He's been sleeping more often than not but I'm honestly glad because his body will thank him tremendously once he's better. While he's asleep, I think I'll take the opportunity to go downstairs and grab more supplies. I make my way down to the kitchen and medicinal area. I refill the cough syrup a bit, get a cup of water, some cough drops, nausea pills, etc. No one bothers me while I do this thankfully because although most people are polite, I would rather be left alone right now. 

          When I come back upstairs, I find Lefou beginning to wake up. I smile at him. "Good late afternoon almost evening sleepy head. How are you feeling?" He coughs a bit and I hand him the cough syrup. He gives me a look of gratification as he shallows it. "I feel a little better than yesterday but I know that realistically it'll be a few more days before I feel better. Are you going back to classes soon Gaston?" I nod. "The day after tomorrow. I requested one more day to tend to you before diving back into classes." "Gaston, something just occurred to me." I raise an eyebrow at him. "What thought popped into your head?" He smirks. "You don't eat five dozen eggs a day anymore."

           I chuckle. "It's ironic that mentioned that because I was thinking about that earlier myself. Eggs are great don't get me wrong, but I guess I realized that there are other foods to eat out there besides eggs." He laughs adorably, his laugh melting my heart yet again. I could listen to his laugh for hours on end each day, it's delightful music to my ears. "I'm proud of you Gaston. Your appearance is perfect honestly. You don't need to worry so much about how you look because you always look great." I rarely blush but Lefou has been making me do a lot of that lately. "Thank you Lefou. Not only do you have a beautiful exterior but your interior is even more beautiful. You grace every room you enter and I feel so incredibly lucky that you chose me as your suitor."

             He giggles. "That was a little formal but the sentiment was there. Thank you Gaston. I love you very much." I smile and kiss him on the cheek. "I love you too Lefou." I love having these wholesome moments with someone I love so deeply, there's truly nothing better. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter!  My latest cover is attached below in case you want to check it out. :) -Mary