Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Lefou's POV

 My heart flutters in my chest as I'm sleeping side by side in a bed with Gaston. This feels like an incredible dream... a fantasy that I don't ever want to wake up from. I've had the best nap I've had in years in Gaston's bed. There was nothing sexual about this, just genuine warmth. Gaston's still asleep but since I fell asleep before him, I was bound to wake up first. I watch his chest steadily rise and fall, staring at his peaceful facial expression. I was worried he would have a nightmare but I guess because he has some company, he feels relaxed. 

      As I stare at him in bed though, a revelation hits me like a train. I have a crush on Gaston and I think that crush is transitioning into love quite quickly. I've known Gaston for so many years that it doesn't feel as weird for the transition to be happening at the speed that it is. I'm falling in love with my best friend in the entire world. I need to tell him how I feel but I don't want him to hate me. That's a whole other level of pain that I'd never be able to recover from... but yet I won't know what could be unless I take a risk. *Sighs* Feelings are so complicated...

An hour later...

 Gaston stirs and slowly begins to wake up. When his eyes meet mine, I look away shyly. Gaston chuckles and cups my face gently, forcing me to look directly at him. As he notices my nerves building up, his playful attitude shifts into a concerned expression. "Lefou, what's the matter? I can tell that something is bothering you." "I-I need to tell you something Gaston but I don't want you to h-hate me." He frowns. "I could never hate you Lefou. What's bothering you? Please talk to me..."  I look at him with nothing but seriousness on my face. "G-Gaston, I-I like you." He smiles softly. "I like you too Lefou. You're a wonderful person." I begin to blush. "No Gaston... I-I mean I have feelings for you... I'm falling for you."

     Gaston looks at me with pure shock. "Y-You are?" I nod eagerly... a bit too eagerly. "I am." An audible gasp slips from his mouth. "I-I can't believe I'm saying this because I never imagined myself having feelings for another man, but I'm falling for you too Lefou." My heart skips a beat. "Really?" He nods. "Really." My face is on fire at this point. "S-So does this make you my boyfriend?" Gaston chuckles lightly and pecks me on the cheek. "I guess it does. Is that okay with you?" I smile from ear to ear. "That's totally okay with me." He grins once again. "Good, then boyfriends we are." From this moment onward, my life couldn't get any better. This is all I've ever wanted to be completely honest. 

I hope that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary