Monster

-Seungcheol-

"Hey, don't move too much" Yuju pulled my arm as I struggled to stand up.

"Hyung, hyung, listen, you're not allowed to move too much, your wounds are still fresh" Chan held my arm.

"Let me go, damn it" I pulled my arm, ignoring them and standing up, I was a bit dizzy.

I walked out of my room, nurses were startled, I walked, more like, dragged my body to the lobby to see Doyoon, wearing a denim jacket, his bangs covering his forehead, we had an eye to eye contact. I looked away, walking closer to him. The guards were on stand-by, I sat down next to Doyoon quietly. "You need my blood" he looked at me, I shook my head. "I'm fine, go home Doyoon, go to Seoul, I'll be back like next week, you can't be here" I mumbled, playing with my own fingers.

"Chan called me, they said you almost died, do you expect me to not worry?"

"I'm no one, Doyoon, I'm an immortal guy"

"You're my friend"

A friend, a long time since I last heard that.

"Go home, please" I told him, patting his knee before standing up, I felt really dizzy while standing up.

"Seung-hey, Seungcheol"

"Seungcheol?"

"Hyung?"

My knees went jelly, I think I passed out, everything went black.

Mingyu was nine, I was eleven, it was that same orphanage, the orphanage where we grew up, the same oak tree in the middle of the backyard, a tiny pond with colourful fishes I barely knew. "Seungcheol hyung, look at Jiyoonie, he grew two centimeters" Mingyu pointed his favourite fish, I was picking out grasses, boredom striking, the other kids liked playing with each other, me and Mingyu? We like having our own world. At eleven, I felt responsible, the nuns believed I was the most mature one, no one knows about my secret except Mingyu.

"Hyung, when will we get out of here? I don't like this place" Mingyu hugged his knees while staring at the fishes.

"I don't know, no one knows about my existence, Mingyu, no one knows"

"Hyung, did you hear about the last pure blooded vampire killed? I heard Sister Jiyeon talking about it, we're safe now, right? No one will ever turn into a monster, then all the vampires will be killed so we will be safe, right?" one of the kids, Hanbin, grouped up with his friends to tell the story. Suddenly two hands covered my ears.

"Min-" I looked up to see Mingyu grinning at me.

"Don't listen to their lies"

I am a monster, who am I kidding?

"Seungcheol? Honey, dear, may we talk with you for a moment?" Sister Jiyeon called me, I looked at Mingyu with pleading eyes. They found me.

"See you" I patted his shoulder, I stood up and the other kids were looking at me weirdly.

"Don't follow me Mingyu" he stopped walking, I shrugged, entering the house.

There were two men who were sitting with the nuns. "You monster, how dare you still be alive" one of the men stood up to strangle me, I choked, my eyes burning, I can't cry, mother told me to never cry when I'm innocent. I must not. He pulled a sharp knife from his pocket making me gasp, maybe it was instinct, or adrenaline, I pierced his chest my sharp nails, my hands covered with blood, the nuns screamed as the other man loaded his gun, ready to shoot but I was fast enough to stab him with bare hands, making sure to kill him instantly, the nuns ran away screaming for help as the kids entered the house. Staring at me in disbelief.

"He's a monster!" Hanbin, the innocent Hanbin, screamed.

Mingyu pulled my bloody hand. "Hyung, let's go away, come on" he pulled me away, we started running, I have no idea where we were going but we were running.

I'm a monster.

A monster

"It's just a bad dream, shh"

I opened my eyes to see Doyoon's face above me, he looked relieved to see me awake, I blinked, he patted my head. "You're one stubborn vampire, huh" he shrugged. I tried sitting up but my body felt so heavy. "I told you to go home" I told him, he shook his head and sat down. "Hyung, are you okay? I told you to stay in bed, you almost got the whole council coming here. Who told you to go fight someone when you know your wounds from your last fight was still fresh" Chan crossed his arms while frowning.

"Fight?" Doyoon asked.

"He was actually almost killed by a group of drunkards when he went out to grab a drink" Chan explained, a huge pout plastered on his lips, I looked away from them.

"Choi Seungcheol, a stubborn vampire, really, no one can stop your stupidity"

"Yah"

They were talking about something which made me sleepy, I took another nap and woke up when someone entered the room. "Master Choi, I have fresh blood to transfer to you, or would you like to drink it?" the nurse carried two blood bags, I looked around to see Doyoon on the couch, with a band aid on his arm, I shrugged "Give it to him" I pointed the sleeping human, "Master Choi, it is for you to feel better" the nurse insisted, I shook my head.

"Just get me some blood pills"

"But master-"

"I order you"

"Yes, master" she nodded, placing the bags down the table, she went out and returned with a glass of reddish water.

I drank the artificial blood which tasted like a medicine, it was so bad, I wanted to puke but I couldn't. It has like 10% human blood so it tastes really bad. I had no right to complain since I wanted it anyway, at least that 10% will go to my body to quicken the recovery. The next time I woke up, Jisoo was staring at me, more like glaring. "Drink the blood" his voice strict and emotionless. I sighed, shaking my head, Doyoon was pouting, looking at us.

"Feed him" I told Jisoo before turning to face the wall.

"Choi Seungcheol, the more you deny human blood, the more days you'll have to stay here, what about our U.S trip?" Jisoo frowned, shit, I promised a vacation for us after grad.

"Fine, just one bag" I told him, he grinned happily, filling the red cup with fresh blood, I felt myself drooling, it has been a long time since I tasted Doyoon's blood.

He looked at me eagerly, watching me drink his blood. Shit, this is the taste I've been craving for. I closed my eyes while drinking, afraid to spill any drop of warm human blood, Doyoon's blood. After one cup, I felt my nerves waking up, the smell of his blood filled my senses, "Shit, take Doyoon out for a moment" Jisoo told Jun who complied. I was scratching the bed, it was like a drug, seriously, I guess this was how Yoonho felt, drinking fresh tasty human blood after a long time, like a drug.

"It's so good, Jisoo" I told him, staring out the window,

"Here, another cup, you need it"

I finished the cup in one gulp, am I turning into a monster? Am I like the old kind? The people I grew up with, rather, the vampires around me when I was young? The ones killing humans for blood before I made the treaty? Am I?

"Seungcheol?" Doyoon knocked, more like entered, I was spacing out for an hour I guess.

"I'm sorry I drank your blood"

"You...you said you need to, I mean they told me you have to"

"Go home, please, I don't want to drink your blood again"

"Why? Does it taste bad? Am I not in shape?"

"No, Doyoon, if I drink your blood, I might get addicted"

"Then, get addicted"

He looked at me, I couldn't look at him, my emotions are crazy right now, I'm confused as fuck. "Tell me, am I a monster?" I asked him, he gulped.

"You're not a monster"