Chois

-Seungcheol-

"Mingyu, we need to get to Busan"

"Busan? Busan is still far, we have no money with us" Mingyu sat down as I sat next to him.

"What have we done? Why are you all killing us?" I asked him, he widened his eyes, speechless.

"I don't know hyung, but do you know anyone who can keep you safe?" he asked me, I shook my head.

We ended up resting on an alley, staring at nothing, Mingyu's stomach was growling, he was hungry. I was hungry too, and I haven't had blood for almost a week, I was not in a better state that him. I looked around, if there's any source of food, or just anyone, I stood up and walked around the town, Mingyu walking behind me, we stopped on the town center, a scroll plastered saying they will grant money to anyone who catches a real vampire.

"Mingyu, take me to this place, tell people you caught me" I pulled his arm, he quickly shook his head.

"I can escape, trust me, you need to eat, I'll meet you on the alley"

"Hyung no, I can't lose you too"

"Mingyu, I'll be back, trust me, please"

He gulped, nodding his head and held both my hands behind my back as we walk to the town hall. There was a line of "vampires" but most of them were just acting for money. "Hey kids, we're looking for a real vampire, not a play, go home" a man told us and a group of men chuckled, the man in-charge, writing a list, turned to us. "Take them in" he commented the guards, the drunk men just laughed as a couple of guards dragged us. We were brought in a room with a dead deer.

"Drink, if you're a vampire, drink it" the guards dragged two men with me. The two men looked scared and disgusted at the same time, it looked like dinner to my eyes.

"The kid is a vampire!" the man shouted and the two older men ran away from me as two guards shoved me down.

"His eyes are bloody red, take the witness away, fuck those monsters, turning a child into one of them" the man closed the door, confusing the two guards.

"Sir, you should report this to the king" one of the guards said, the man shook his head, then walked to us, what surprised me was when he twisted the guards' necks.

He's a vampire, how can I not know? "Hello, don't be afraid, I am like you" he raised both of his arms, I backed away, he smiled and pointed the deer "You must have been starving, you couldn't recognize a fellow vampire, go on, drink" he walked away from me, I stared at the deer, then at him before walking slowly and biting the deer's neck, drinking fresh blood. He took off his white clothes and changed to a black robe.

"Mingyu" I told him as he was opening the window.

"We'll meet your friend on the way, they took him to a safe place"

"He's in danger, he's a human"

"It will be fine. We are not like those monsters" he reassured, holding my hand as we jumped down the window and ran to the woods.

We were running, he was really fast, I envied him. We stopped on a river bank where I found Mingyu eating food. "Hyung" he ran to me and hugged me, there were two vampires with him "Hyung, make me be like you, it's so cool, Auntie said your family can do that, please" he pouted, I smacked his head, hugging him back. "What do you mean, kid?" the man asked, we both turned to him.

"You don't know the Choi family from Daegu? His parents?" Mingyu asked him.

"The Chois are dead, no one survived, our kind is slowly disappearing"

"My name is Choi Seung-"

"Cheol-ah, yah, wake up" Jisoo whined

"What?"

"Are you really going to ignore Doyoon?"

"Do I look like I won't?"

He pouted, Jeonghan ruffled his hair, comforting the childish Jisoo. Doyoon was sitting alone a few tables away from ours, it has been a week of no talking, no communication at all. "Hyung, I hate it to break it to you but he did saved your life twice" Mingyu commented and I glared at him "Let me die on the third time, thanks" I told them and Mingyu pouted.

"You were murmuring about Haneul hyung, did you had another flashback dream?" he suddenly asked me and I nodded, frowning, Wonwoo placed a cup of latte in front of me.

"I didn't or-"

"Doyoon said you need to stay awake to study"

"Kindly tell him to fuck off"

Mingyu glared at me and pouted at Wonwoo "Cheol hyung is on period right now, just leave it here baby" he nodded and Wonwoo glared at me before walking away. "What did he do to you? Why are you so mad at him?" Mingyu asked me, stirring the latte, "I don't need Doyoon" I told him and he crossed his arms "You took me with you and did you need me that time?" he raised his eyebrow "And Tzuyu and Jisoo hyung and Hansol, everyone, did you need us then?" he asked me, I frowned and he shook his head.

"Gyu, you don't understand, I'm actually sick of living like this, I hated how I don't experience growing old, I never wanted this life, and Doyoon makes me alive so if I stay away from him, the chance of me living longer will lessen"

"You're talking shit now Choi Seungcheol" Jisoo turned to me, all serious.

"Let's go back to 1800's, let me die with my parents, okay" I stood up and walked out to smoke.

I was talking shit, Jisoo always sees through me, I just couldn't find an answer why I'm staying away from Doyoon. I don't really hate him, I just don't want him near me, it's different from hate, it's just that and I can't explain it at all. I sat on a vacant bench to smoke a cigarette, what the fuck was I blabbering about. I opened my phone when it vibrated to see Jun sending a message on our group chat.

Mansion. ASAP. We need to talk

I stood up, threw my cigarette and stepped on it, I walked straight to the mansion. "Took you forever" Jisoo rolled his eyes, I just ignored him and went to Jun. "What happened?" I asked him, Chan and Hansol were looking at the vampire database, where secret vampire files are hidden. "A family of vampires were killed in Jeju today, all six members died with a wood stabbed straight on their hearts, we talked to the Vampire Hunters leader and none of their people did it, and they speculate that there are some people who knows about us, from outside" Jun explained.

"So, someone or a group are aware of our existence and are plotting to end us?" I asked and he nodded.

"And the council wants us to kill them" I added

"The council ordered to put you first and protect you" Hansol read something from the laptop

"Bullshit, why me? I can kill those creatures by myself"

"Hyung, if you die, we die, one life over the other as you said before" Mingyu told me.

I had to call the council "Sir, we just want what's best for you and made the proclamation" the head explained through phone. "What the fuck, I can kill them by myself, stop the nonsense" I told him and he sighed.

"Choi was the family name of the massacre victims in Jeju, all of them, they are not related, they were all tortured and brought to one place, two of them are from the north, all killed, sir, please, it is very dangerous, I advise you to leave the country for a while."