Background Option 1

Here you are basically the male version of Yukari Yakumo from Touhou.

You're Yukari's son and you basically decided to have some fun in the outside world, due to partial boredom and natural curiosity

-Known as a manipulator of boundaries and the one-of-a-kind gap youkai. Can control boundaries between any and all things. Opening gaps is the most common of this ability.
-Prefers Manilupation to direct confrontation, but definitely not afraid to get your hands dirty.
-Likes being well-informed
-Dislikes being ignorant of the situation.
-Considered mysterious and likes toying with your enemies.
-Very rarely uses your full power.
-Personality-wise is considered laid-back, relaxed, and unreliable. 
-Has a remarkable intellect.
-Don't not share what your true goals are, mostly altruistic.
-Won't hesitate you get involved.
-Though your physical strength is on par with a youkai, your actual physical strength is considered immeasurable.
-No known weaknesses.
-An indoor-type, moves around through gaps.
- is skilled in Onmyoudou, the Taoism-derived arts of traditional Japanese court wizards, and specializes in spells which create and manipulate barriers (presumably due to overlap with your innate abilities)
-Yukari also displays great aptitude with shikigami, binding a powerful kitsune and numerous lesser servants at once.