Chapter 3: I Want to Stay Like This Forever

Tanjiro POV

I went to the rehabilitation area, I open the door of the room, It was just like it was before, I looked around the area, 'big' is the only word that can describe the room, I look over at Kanao, who was sitting on the table with the medicine water. She looked at me, and we had to start the course, so I went and talked.

"Hi, Kanao!" I said enthusiastically, 

"Sit here, and did what we did last time," She said, in a more happy tone, and I think she happier than before?

We then proceed to play. 'Go!' She was fast, faster than before, I went for the cup on the left side she stopped it. My hand was holding the cup, and she puts her right hand to push against the top. We were both fast, blocking and catching. It was clear; We are evenly matched. But, I smell a flaw from her flowery scent, she was too concentrated on blocking, I just had to do one last push! Kanao went for the right cup near the edge of her side of the table, Quick! My left hand went in to block it, I grab the one closest to me, I tried lifting it, but she blocked it again. I went to grab the left side of her side, she fell for it! I didn't grab it yet and went for another one beside it. She placed her hand around the cup I was going for...too late I put my hand around hers.

Kanoa POV

We started to play, his face was serious, does he want to beat me? I don't think he could win. His hand movements were faster than before at least. His movement was more fluid, After a few seconds, his movement changed, It was fiery with passion. I went to block the one he was going for, and grab the one next to it. I stop. His hands were warm, gripping on to mine. My heart jumped, Eh? why? I don't know. His face went red, I felt a burning sensation. 
"E-eh" I mumble, as I start to fiddle with my legs
Tanjiro then swiftly took another cup and place it on my head again.
"I won." he said with a cheery smile. My head exploded. He looks so cute, his eyes sparkled, oh god. Why does he look so pretty right now? Before I knew it I froze. Still gripping my hand. I want to stay like this forever. I still stared into his eyes, my mind went blank.
"E-uh, I need to go the bathroom" as he ran out of the door embarrassed.

I wonder why he was embarrassed though, toilets aren't embarrassing. Then I noticed my own face and felt the intense heat from it. I sat there, still thinking about his warmth.