Chapter 6: That's All I need

Tanjiro POV

As soon as the morning grew loud, the world spins around me. I was tired, but so was everyone right? I barely could sleep last night, I just can't stop thinking of...Never mind, I gobbled all my energy to get out of bed, 'Total Concentration' 'Total Concentration' 'Total Concen-' my mind repeating those words, over and over again trying to gain the momentum to move, I mean we don't have anything to do right? It has been a day since I recovered, I wonder how long would it take for them to send me on a mission.

I find the energy in my limbs to move, taking brief steps, walking...slowly, too slow. As I felt like I was going as fast as turtle pace, Is this because of long days not sleeping in a comfortable bed? Nezuko woke up and 'mfmmf' a couple of times and nudged, eh more like a shove to the front door, that gave me a slight energy boost. Nezuko always sleeps in her clothes, so she doesn't need to change, I wasn't sure she showered or not, But she has never smelled like anything except faint beats of the Nezuko from the past, the human side of h...No don't think that Tanjiro, Even if she is a demon, she will fight with us to kill the demons, to kill Muzan.

I breathe in leisurely, walking and strolling along the wide and narrow hallway, well, more like sloppy and dragging myself along the corridor. I might as well be on my bed right now, I am pretty useless right now. I pass a turn and bump into Aoi Kanzaki, 

"oof, uh Sorry Tanjiro-san I wasn't looking," She said gently, like a caretaker of the mansion would say. My brain was on 'Baka' mode, even so, I tried to respond, 

"ah, morning good! Kazanji" I said as a tired brain squeeze out the working cell to respond properly. 

"eh, you look tired Tanjiro, maybe you can go to the bath?" She said as she pushed me in its direction, and I aimlessly continue on the path.

I turn up at the shower bath, empty with nothing, the open awareness, wild and blossoming, the textiles stones were placed leading from the changing room towards the pool of water ready for you to bathe in. The bath was a traditional shower out in the open, with a hollow bamboo fence as the only line that separates the males and females, I dipped my toes into rippling water, and accidentally fell in without realizing it. The splash was a little one, but my energy soon came back to me.

Although most of the mansion's attendance were females, aside from the occasional visits of the injured demon slayers like me, Inosuke and Zenitsu, they still have a bath for males. The warm and bubbly feeling of the warm water breathes into my nose and out through my mouth, the sun just starting to move near to the middle, It seems like it is 8 o'clock at least.

SPLASH! With a torrent from the other side and faint movement of water, I shifted my body closer to the bamboo, to try to figure out who it is, out of curiosity, of course. The air was still, and the single line of my sniff caught a scent of flowers and a person, no more like it has an aura around that person...Kanao, I know it is! I know that smell from anywhere.

"A-ah! Good Morning Kanao!" I said immediately in a loud but shaky voice, the use-to-be still water blew up and even flew above the wall that I can see it, 

"Ye-yeap! Good Morning Tanjiro" She said back, her voice sounded like it was still in shock, also...'yeap' heh, that was cute. I snickered a little bit. 

"Uhm Tanjiro? How did you know it was me?" Kanao said in a polite tone, but it also sounds like she trying to hide her nervousness, But I can still smell it, like perfume. 

"I just can," I said to her, a smile immediately grew on me, I feel like I know what she had on her face, that faint red glow of blush, and before I knew it, I had one too. hehe, I can't help but laugh, 

This feeling made me feel a thousand times better, I feel so strong when I'm with Kanao. Even though that was the last thing I said to her, even though it was with less than a minute of interaction, That's All I need, That is all I need to keep going, and it keeps me trying, I still don't know this feeling that swept over me, but I like it. I really do.

And with that, I got the energy to move again, feeling great, Even if I wanted to talk more with Kanao, I need to give her privacy. I finish up and thought over what happened. I thought. I think. I realized, Did I say 'Morning good' to Aoi-chan? god, that would be embarrassing if that was Kanao. I am happy though- that I woke up sloppy.