Chapter 7: Miltary Commander Shinobu-san

Zenitsu POV

We were summoned along with other people from the demon slayer corps to the large stoned floor front yard of the butterfly mansion. An announcement that needs to be made was the mood of the air, even the birds were silent. As we were shuffling to be in an organized line in front of Shinobu-san. The stunning, beautiful yet scary pillar, face to face with everyone. Walking up and down like a commander of soldiers.

"Attention!" She said with a loud and demanding voice. Shinobu has just become a military leader. Bold and strong, she came forth in an ever-shifting voice, 

"As we all gather here for this moment, We shall commence the meeting!" She said, very hostile indeed. Shinobu then turns her back towards us and started announcing. "And now everyone, you will be receiving missions, Although you might already know that missions are now done in pairs..." She paused as if she forgot her next line and changed tones as fast as a whirlwind. "We will give you pairings, for the time being, testing, and switching, to make sure a good combination of two people in a team," Shinobu said that way faster than she did for the first sentence.

I jerked my head to the side to look at the people beside me, to my right was Inosuke, Tanjiro and Kanao...wait is that Aoi? What's she doing here? Wait... is she coming with us? But why? what? I let my thoughts stay, baring onto it, Why? I then turn to the other side...NEZUKO-CHAAAAN,

After that, I look towards Kanao and Tanjiro, The sounds of their movement was light, but there, yea, their heartbeat, It was fast, bumping and sharp, Both of them internally shouting their emotions, but stayed silent, waiting for Shinobu to find the list that she left inside.

Could this mean something? Tanjirou, and Kanao...do they like each other? Before the thought stayed too long, Shinobu came back and started to speak up. "hmm, Let's see, so, Zenitsu - Kanao, Tanjirou - Nezuko, pig face - Aoi, That will be your pairings for the missions."

Pfff hahahaha!! pig face! agh! I was on the floor already laughing at the pig face's name on the list. 

"OI! WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT!" Inosuke shouted, As he was starting to threaten me, with blabbers of "DIE" and "OI", I was still laughing away, it was hilarious how can I not? haha! With the tears of laughter slowly coming out my eyes, "WHAT"S WRONG WITH PIG FACE? HUH?" Inosuke said desperately. I see through the waterworks and see a blurry Tanjiro and Shinobu talking about something, even with Kanao in the background. I heighten my sense but it backfires, loud sirens flood my ears, Inosuke's scream was too much, My laughter slowly turned into screams and my tears slowly turns into tears of sorrow.

After a bit.

I got patches and had some time to heal after that, it had been around four hours since then, and my hearing got better after a bit. Everyone is supposed to go around two, and it's about eleven right now. It then dawns on me...I was with Kanao?! I was too focused on Inosuke's Name rather than actually paying attention to my own assigned partners,

We were each assigned demons to behead, though we weren't able to hear their names, they gave us a location, just like Chuntaro, I think he would also go with us.

Oh and Aoi was going since they need more people to help in trying to decrease the number of strong demons, they were desperate and chose twelve people that are already in the corps with the potential to reach a high ranking, Aoi was one of them, Why twelve though? Hope she does okay, but then again, she is with pig face and she is said to have high potential.

I got a pair with Kanao, I mean it would be better to be with Nezuko, but whatever it's fine...wait, that what I said, but why do I want to kill myself now? Why am I suddenly regret saying it? I want to be with Nezuko-Chan!

As I think back on it, the things all came back to me, the reason why Tanjiro was knocked out, and Inosuke went to help, While I just stayed eating off the mansion. Sometimes this makes me feel useless, and Demons are scary for the most part. The demons are getting more powerful, so I hope we can do this.