Chapter 9: Oi

Aoi POV

"Oi! What are you doing?! Baka!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I worried about the scene I am is seeing in front of me...

The trees were all dented from the exterior to the insides. Fumbling and fuming were the trunks, with the leaves on the ground with the now bald, leafless top of trees. Around 20 trees were like that. We were camping out right now as it's bright, We needed to hunt the demon we were assigned to, so we decided to rest in the morning and find and slay the demon at night. Since we know it won't come out right now.

We are in a forest as of now, The entrance of the direction we were given was further and deeper into the forest, slowly turning into a more swampy area, at least that what we were told. I was happily making the meal for me and my assigned partner, Inosuke. Thinking of how much he stole from the kitchen, it seemed funny to me now that I am deliberately making him food now.

I was making sure he would also sleep, so he can also be rested...Well, It's also half because I didn't want to be annoyed when I sleep. But anyways he refused, Saying how he needed to train and go beat up the demon right now. But I made him stay using the power of food. While I was resting becoming more uncomfortable during my slumber, A dream- No more like a flashback resurfaced in my sleep. The flashback of when they were informing me of my new duty.

"Aoi Kanzaki," Ubuyashiki-sama was soft-spoken. I was tense before but now it is as if the awkwardness has gone away, his tone filled with delight. His face was horrid yet he smiled like he is fully contented with life. Just like what Shinobu-hashira-sama said.

"Yes" I was on one knee, head bowed down, and unwavering. This is my first time here. At the main estate, of course, I was filled with nervousness but is now replaced with feelings of determination. I am called over here, It must mean that It is something important. Moreover...there were 11 other people here as well.

"You now have the duty of protecting the people, without getting noticed, A True Demon Slayer. As you always aided the Demon Slayers, I am sure you know how heavy that responsibility is" I nodded my head and Ubuyashiki-sama continued. 

"All of us here once had our family killed by demons," He said as he looked around at everyone.

 "Kanzaki-san, I know you may fear the demons, But if so, try your best, because, in the end, the demons will fear you"

The words of the man, the leader, Ubuyashiki, has filled me with determination to the brim. Soaring endlessly. I felt I had to slay demon to protect and aid people. I am sure, that I got this dream so I will be able to face the demon soon approaching. I woke up from my sleep through the sounds of trees banging and leaves falling.

Inosuke Hashibira - that man, that food-stealing pig, Was gushing his head, ramming into trees with full force. Surprisingly working as the dent in the trees were more like scars, a mark of some source, And that mark now and always have belonged to Inosuke.

"Hey!! Are you listening!" As I shouted for him to stop, He turned his head and faced me. 

"NO ONE CARES! SHUT UP AND LET ME TRAIN!" His pig mask covering his expression, Even then I know what it would look like. Angry and a face that can't be tolerated. 

"Why are you slamming your head into trees then? Is that training?!" I retorted. 

"Of course it is! I need to beat Tanjiro in this If that's the last thing I do!!" He responded like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Did he have a fight with Tanjirou about whose head is stronger or something?

Ugh, I swear to the pillars, why is it that they do the most idiotic things. Fed-up I called over my very own Kasugai crow, Amane Yatsuki, A black but yet purple shade, the crow has large eyes as if it can see through you, I was very lucky to get Amane. I asked for the time, 

"four hours and thirty minutes till the time," Amane said and I nodded "OK wake me up four hours from now"

As I said that, I fell back down to sleep, on the mat we had placed over. Waking up to Amane's pecks were painful, but not enough where it needs medical treatment. I sighed and stood up, looking for that pig face. Sighing again, I felt fear for a bit, Demons who can kill me in an instant. I know I got specialized training to get me used to fighting, for the most part, but I never actually matched up against a real demon before, Shiver quavers a bit in my body.

Looking down from where I was, Inosuke was there. His mask seems to be not on him, with his bare face, looking and pointing to the sky, He...is very beautiful. His face is really pretty. I bent down, gazing, staring before realizing it. His outline was very strong but pretty, with his pretty face and buffed body, I can't say that it fits, but either way, it's...charming.

His eyes flew open, dazzling yet staring like daggers. I was still peering into him, so our eyes meet. Immediately getting up and packed everything. I was embarrassed. So I tried my best to ignore it. 

"OI! DID YOU JUST DO SOMETHING TO ME? WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME" Inosuke eyes now were piercing. 

"E-eh It was nothing," I said and ran off to the location, 

"OI COME BACK HERE" Hearing the loud explosive stomps behind me, I knew I can't escape. Run was the only thing on my mind.