✰ purgatory; 000 ✰

Sniff.

Yoongi could pick up that horrible scent everywhere around him, making his nose twitched uncomfortably. His eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the bright light of the hospital—yes, he was sure that he's in the hospital just from the smell alone—and groaned in pain.

What in the world—

He could hear someone calling for his name. But he still couldn't grasp anything that were happening around him so he settled with a whimper, trying to move his hands and felt a light sting on his skin.

Fuck.

"Get a fucking doctor!" The man barked at the other person in the room. "What are you waiting for?!" The tall guy hurriedly call for the doctor.

So noisy.

Yoongi drifted off to sleep again, having no strength to even move his numb fingers let alone escape from the place he hates the most.

The sounds around him faded out, letting him fall deeper into his slumber. He was asleep once again, without knowing what awaits for him outside.

╰☆☆ ᴛᴀᴇɢɪᴋᴏᴏᴋ ☆☆╮

"He couldn't remember anything except his name. Why is it so hard for you to understand?" The doctor stressed, making the other male groan in defeat.

They were talking privately about him outside of his room yet strangely, Yoongi could still hear their conversation as clear as the day behind the brick wall. The annoying beeping noise couldn't even distract his hearing.

He looked at the needle that were buried deep into his skin. Want to rip it off. He frowned. It doesn't hurt but it's ugly. He casted his eyes on his left hand, eyeing it curiously. There, he saw a name that were permanently engraved horizontally on his wrist.

YOONGI

He frowned once again. Is that even my name?

The man who were standing outside of his room and were trying to convince the doctor to let him question Yoongi today has asked him about his identity few days prior. He showed Yoongi his badge and told him that he was a detective that were investigating his case seven months ago. But there was nothing that Yoongi could say to him.

He couldn't remember anything and he wasn't even sure that the name on his wrist was even his name. Thankfully the doctor rescued him just on time before the situation could get any worse and explain Yoongi's condition to the man. But he was still trying to question Yoongi despite the doctor's reluctance.

"Yoongi is my patient and his recovery is my top priority. Guilty or not, Yoongi needs his rest and a patient with amnesia like him shouldn't be pressed with bunch of questions that could possibly be a hindrance to his quick recovery." He recalled the doctor's words to the detective, which the man obviously didn't listen to.

Yoongi conclude that the doctor loves his job, including his patients. Mentally ill or not. A killer or not.

"Doctor Han, I know! But it's important! He could've been lying to me- no, to you about his memory loss. It's common for people like him to—"

Yoongi sighed. The detective was way too stubborn. He doesn't mind the questions but it did make him slightly uncomfortable since he couldn't give out any answers the detective desperately wants to hear. He wasn't even sure of who he is or who he was.